Forums

Help › Forums

Putting

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 24 2009 4:21 PM (7 replies)
  • FreddyFox
    60 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 10:51 AM

It still isn't right. Sorry, but you don't aim a 4 foot putt inside the hole and have perfect accuracy and have it miss the hole altogether. And don't reply with the stupid beast comment. I'm sick of having to withdraw from the stroke play tourneys because I can't make a 3 foot putt no matter how well I hit it. It's frustrating.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 1:07 PM

Did you try the new putter?  It's got a slightly higher precision rating.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 1:18 PM

No, there are definitely some oddities with the putting.  I have the new putter, but the putting is actually more quirky now than it was before.  The putts seem to move excessively with the wind direction.  I've already had a few misses from inside 3 ft, and they were not hard putts at all.  Definitely needs a little work to resolve.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 1:41 PM

Good lord.  I was thinking of buying just the putter, but on the heels of that... I dunno.

• jcksnghst
    71 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 1:44 PM

Fred is right on. I'll tell you what is more frustrating though: read a putt, take into account all factors, calculate the data for said putt, MISS HIT the meter by a wide margin.........and it goes in. That is stupid. Great game though.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 1:44 PM

I'd still get the putter.  The tempo is much better than the achingly-slow beginner putter.  I think that alone makes it worth the investment.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 4:15 PM

Is the tempo different?  If so, there is an error on the putter comparison stats....

The only difference listed is 1 point of forgiveness.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 4:21 PM

Hard to say now.  The putting meter is definitely quicker than it was.  It seems to me that earlier in the morning when I got the new putter, the guage for the new putter was higher than the old one in the meter speed category, matching the tempo of the irons, fairway metals, and driver.  It's supposed to be a matched set.

I do know that there are some severe putting issues going on though as far as movement off the blade.

RSS