Forums

Help › Forums

Tour Legends, tournament update

Mon, Jan 16 2023 4:47 PM (106 replies)
  • dweeb14
    2 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2020 5:37 AM

That level  69 is in 3 months, using no power boosts or anything.  Now i am down with back operation for nxt 3 months, curious to see how far it will get me

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2020 10:56 AM

it is quite easy to advance from amateur to tour master.  That is pretty straight forward and simple because you need so few rounds to do it.  For example, you can go from Master to Tour Master with only 40 rounds at average of 63 or lower.  The problem is once you hit legend it grinds to a complete halt as you all of a sudden need 500 rounds as a legend with an average less than 60.  That's more rounds than you have to complete for all the other tiers to the point combined.

So going from amateur to legend takes less time than going from legend to tour legend.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 9:46 PM

Correct, and an huge understatement, It took me 621 rounds from newly minted Hack to Legend. It took me almost 3700 rounds to get from Legend to Tour Legend. And neither of those numbers is atypical.

You did it in far fewer rounds. Congrats.
    DanL24:

it is quite easy to advance from amateur to tour master.  That is pretty straight forward and simple because you need so few rounds to do it.  For example, you can go from Master to Tour Master with only 40 rounds at average of 63 or lower.  The problem is once you hit legend it grinds to a complete halt as you all of a sudden need 500 rounds as a legend with an average less than 60.  That's more rounds than you have to complete for all the other tiers to the point combined.

So going from amateur to legend takes less time than going from legend to tour legend.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Wed, Apr 15 2020 11:43 AM

DanL24:

It took me just over 6 months to go from Hack to Legend.  From Legend to Tour Legend took me almost 2 years after that, playing at least a couple ranked rounds every day.

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 6:56 AM

It took me roughly 1 year and 350 or so rounds to go from hack to legend.  It took about 2 years and almost 1000 rounds to go from legend to tour legend.  The first few months at legend when you get used to the new tees are demoralizing.  Shooting high 50s/low 60s as a tour master is easy.  Then all of a sudden you are playing par 4s you can’t even reach in 2 if the wind is wrong and greens that are even faster and barely breaking par. 

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2020 1:42 AM

My WGT Timeline:

Legend-8/11/2019

Tour Legend-11/23/2019

Champion-3/13/2020 

Progressing through the ranks is a grueling process. Don’t be in a rush to do it in record time because there will always be people at the next level who will be better in various aspects. Biggest advice I usually offer others is to make the areas you feel need work become your strong points so when you do move up, you’re ready to show everyone your hard work.

Best of luck to all and keep hitting them straight. 

Cheers,

BABZ 

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2020 1:58 PM
    I agree with Ross, enjoy the slower greens while you still can !! It gets harder trust me. Just enjoy the game and have fun. I grinded all the way to Champion and it physically exhausted me. Jordan.
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2020 12:43 PM

Connorjwebb123:
    I agree with Ross, enjoy the slower greens while you still can !! It gets harder trust me. Just enjoy the game and have fun. I grinded all the way to Champion and it physically exhausted me. Jordan.

lol, Ive heard it all now! 

• seacrawler
    24 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2020 7:06 PM

49-49-49-49 REALLY..And they call this a golf site? BS in my opinion.

• PeterB19
    47 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2020 3:04 AM

I agree been a member since 2015 now on Legend status for the last 2 years every time i play always under par be it -2 or -6 no way can go to tour legend in that short period without cheating. played the open on tournies Royal St George i shot -6 thought was decent looked at leader board top ones went round in 51 thats 20 under from 18 holes got to be cheating about time WGT looked into it needless to say wont ever be playing again in the tournaments

RSS