Tour Legends, tournament update

Mon, Jan 16 2023 4:47 PM (106 replies)
  • Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2013 12:35 PM

markone56:

WGTwildcat:
    Tour Legends, your elite numbers are growing but are still too low

I would know EXACTLY how to do to changing tier from Legend to Tour Legend.

In various Forums are circulating some legends: someone says that we must complete 500 game strokes, other says that we must complete 100 games stroke - and other says other too...

What's true?

Thanks in advance for the answer (a true answer  - lol).

It's a combination of things that moves you up to TL Mark, the obvious one is playing the required amount of ranked rounds -- being rg's or others. Apparently that amount changes as the venus' parallax approaches 21 degrees north.

Another way is to bribe WGT with buying loads of credits, although this has been disproved by me as I have bought masses of credits over the years with no avail.

Last but not least to become TL one has to meet that minor detail as to be a great player in all facets of the game -- you and I belong to the current tier my friend :)

• markone56
    528 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2013 1:10 PM

Sanco:
    you and I belong to the current tier my friend

You are right Sanco, I'm not a big player in all facets of webgolf...

However, I had not asked info about the upgrade to the TL tier for me, but to be able to answer who ask me that.

As you know, I try - together other things - to provide as much information as possible concerning WGT and webgolf via webpages and other media...

Your sens of humor is still very appreciated.

See you soon, Roberto.

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2013 7:19 PM

Marco, if I remember rightly WGT, or someone in the know, once answered this very question. Yhis is what I remember from it.

If I remember rightly the new tier came out in August 2012 and it was said that a legend with 500 ranked games under they belt would need to play a further 100 ranked rounds, from the inception of the new tier, averaging under 60. I believe the 100 rounds were to be full rounds.

I may be wrong though, but not by much if I am.

Hope this helps.

• markone56
    528 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2013 11:30 PM

Sanco:

If I remember rightly the new tier came out in August 2012 and it was said that a legend with 500 ranked games under they belt would need to play a further 100 ranked rounds, from the inception of the new tier, averaging under 60. I believe the 100 rounds were to be full rounds.

I may be wrong though, but not by much if I am.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Sanco. Very kind.

Unfortunately, this is what I already knew...

However, while we're waiting for further information, I'm seriously thinking about the Moon and Venus orbits and - nevertheless - about the orbits of our money toward the pockets of Mum...

Cheers

• Edbeau
    98 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 7:02 PM

WGTwildcat:

Tour Legends, your elite numbers are growing but are still too low to run regular tournaments and Ready Go’s. Hopefully we can run those by next week, but in the meantime we’ve just launched two new tournaments for this week, for Tour Legends only...

• Tour Legend Special – Recent PGA Events

Two-round tournament -- unlimited stroke play first round on Bethpage and single-play second round played on Kiawah: http://www.wgt.com/tournaments/details.aspx?ID=8b07d128-e4f4-4d60-86b4-a0ba0188b6a5

•  Tour Legend Special – TruGolf Courses

Two-round tournament -- unlimited stroke play first round on Chateau Whistler and single-play second round played on Cabo del Sol: http://www.wgt.com/tournaments/details.aspx?ID=fb2032fe-cbc0-4ab5-aa42-a0ba0188c0b6

Good luck!

WGTpizza finally came out.............. Come on pizza we know its you .....

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 10:02 PM

Edbeau:

This is not WGTPizza Ed, WGTwildcat has been around a long time.  Besides, this post is MONTHS old.

• WRWil
    42 Posts
    Wed, Feb 20 2013 6:45 AM

LeGeNdCrUsHeR:

Edbeau:

This is not WGTPizza Ed, WGTwildcat has been around a long time.  Besides, this post is MONTHS old.

This post was made when there weren't many Tour Legends. Does anyone know how many TLs there are now?  I'd guess there are about 350-400. Just curious.

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Wed, Feb 20 2013 1:23 PM

WRWil:
    This post was made when there weren't many Tour Legends. Does anyone know how many TLs there are now?  I'd guess there are about 350-400. Just curious.

267 on the button, as of this minute.

• WRWil
    42 Posts
    Wed, Feb 20 2013 2:15 PM

LeGeNdCrUsHeR:

WRWil:

267 on the button, as of this minute.

Thanks for your input LeGeNdCrUsHeR. That's the number I get looking at the total number of Tour Legends under WGT Community, but a lot of names I recognize aren't there. I decided to look up TLs for each country WGT has listed. Didn't take as long as I thought it might and I may have missed a few, but I counted 387  as of lunch time today.

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Wed, Feb 20 2013 2:21 PM

Good deal, did not think about that.

I know someone who is a statistical genius about this game.  I will get with him, and get the complete number and come back to let you know. 

RSS