Forums

Help › Forums

Links(any version) players

Sat, Sep 5 2015 12:33 AM (54 replies)
  • EK4X4
    21 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 7:52 AM

I joined WGT quite awhile back but have only been playing since 1/10. I have only met 1 former Links or MS golf player here. i was wondering if there are any other former Links players around on WGT. If so, did u play pro, champ or elite and what was ur scoring avg? I was a -11 pro, -8 champ and a -6 elite, which I guess equilibrates to my 65/66 masters on WGT. Most of the folk I have met here, this is their first golf sim or they may have played TW by EA. It would be nice to know if there are any former Links players and what ur screen name was. Maybe we played one another at some time. My screen  name has been EK4X4(EK_4X4) for eons. Any replies will be held in strict confidence. LMAO. Have fun, hit em straight and shoot well.

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 7:55 AM

Micklen I believe was with that.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 10:31 AM

Tour Spies-Played FFA, OGT and Cases. TS_YankeeJim  1993-2004

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 11:33 AM

Beta tested Links back in the early '90s, and played Links exclusively until coming here couple of years ago.  Played Case's Ladder with hbthree for several years, and we got in their Hall of Fame.  Ever once in a while I drop over to the LSPN site to see what's happening.

Still have all of the old original disks.

Warren "Tresclub" Peters

• WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 12:09 PM

I played:

- World Class Leader Board (1987) DOS

- Links LS 1997 (1996) DOS

- Links LS 1999 (1998) Windows

- Links 2001 (2001) Windows Microsoft Game Studios, plus Expansion pack

all offline (I did not have internet at home at that time)

This is my old webpage for stats and results from an offline tour run by Wolfgang Beinhauer - Powerstroke with Putting Grid Off.

• pauls
    1,146 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 5:24 PM

played links since 97, then played on the lstour for abuut 3 years before coming over here. played pro, ave was @ -13

paul

• ibprime
    265 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 6:53 PM

Played MS Golf 3.0   under screen name "Carpetman" i think...   later played links ls 98 ,  2000 , and Links Ls 2001 ...  did the Cases ladder thing and all the tours  played  on FtG and a couple other clubs that I can't recall at moment. I think screen name was ibprime  or PrimeTime.   Had alot of fun back then and I still have Cd's with tons of courses on them.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 8:33 PM

played ms golf 3.0 back in the day on the microsoft gaming zone.

was a member of DC and then moved on to the JT club.  i was a good player which meant i never bought any of the addon courses, they were given to me by other players.   the price they had to pay to get me on their teams.   :)

cheers.

• shaghar
    514 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 12:11 AM

Hi mate !! 

Played Links alot , was under the game of Shagger  Pro champ and Elite , Played FFA Tournies and ladders bascialy everything thats was available ,  My god i was in it all the way !!! , Even Mastered Devils Island !!! 

Miss those old Links days ,, Good fun

Shags 

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 3:46 AM

I have played Links since it appeared on floppies in 1990.  Seems longer ago that that somehow

Started using Powerstroke when it appeared and have never really used any other stroke other than a quick go at RTS.  That was just too easy though and got boring quite quickly

Helped to set up Links Corner and worked there quite a while reviewing courses until the old leader had to leave and people took over who didn't like a spade being called a spade, which I am very good at.  Some people were endlessly turning out crap courses and didn't appreciate being told so

They still don't

Still playing Links and run a small Powerstroke only tour  http://web.bethere.co.uk/psl/PSL2005/seniors-index.htm.  Used to play regularly on the multi swing Bombers tour  http://www.bombersgolf.com/BLT/home.html  Using Powerstroke.   But just don't get the time now

Never really enjoyed click which is one reason I am struggling so much here

Not really kept any averages as I have never played on ladders or other such things.  We do have a monthly medal on my tour though and my handicap there is -5.  Since playing here my Links swing has really suffered and this one doesn't, at the moment, seem to be improving

ALWAYS been under the name micklen

Mick

RSS