Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Players Win Dream Golf Trips

Fri, Sep 21 2012 10:21 AM (134 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 6:13 AM

lvietri:

Wow .. There seem to be quite of few interesting notes in this thread having to do with the Dev's CC.    Maybe I can get some folks a bit better informed about our club.

1)  Many of the Dev member have been gathering and chatting in IRC since late 2008  (Since May 2009 for me) and learned how to play the game on Kia and later on BP with starter equipment.   This was about 18 months before WGT had country clubs.   Seemed to make sense we would all jump into the same club.   It's true, our club is not open to anyone.  We don't add / delete players daily.   In fact we have never deleted a member.    Our members vote on who to admit based on getting to know them as we all interact in IRC.   Regardless of what most think - membership has nothing at all to do with how well you play WGT.  This is a group of on-line "friends" who play virtual golf daily try to meet up and play real golf whenever they can.

2) We have no ties to WGT any more than anyone else has.  Some of the WGT staff members show up and chat with us - as they might with any club that has a vehicle to do this.  I think they use it as a way to learn directly from some of the players.

3) The IRC Channel is open to anyone.  Just look at the top of my profile page.  It tells anyone how to get in and chat.  Most of the members invite people to join us every day.   We have lots of folks who are not Dev's chatting with us every day.

4) DylanJ - you, and anyone else for that matter is more than welcome to join the poker game - the more the merrier.   We have lots of guys who are not in the club that play regularly.  As it says on my profile page ... we play every other Friday night at 10 PM Eastern Time.   Next game is 9/21 (I won't be there - on vacation).   We play on pokerstars.net ... with free chips.   The entry fee is a sleeve of balls of the winners choice to be paid out to the winner & runner ups as determined by how many enter.  You need to get into IRC ahead of time .. preferably a few days ahead of time and someone will show you how to get into the room we play in.

5) I know most of what is said in these forums is in jest --- but honestly --- to those who take it seriously --- there is no conspiracy theory, no "in crowd".  We're just a bunch of folks who are hooked on an on line golf game.  

That's about it.

It's difficult to disagree with Lou cause he's such a decent, straight talking, level headed, mischievous at times but overall general nice guy who speaks the truth..

I don't think there's any underhanded dealing going on. Dansamcam won a random trip...i've seen the pics too.

Random draws are luck that's all.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 6:39 AM

thebigeasy707:
    I don't think there's any underhanded dealing going on. Dansamcam won a random trip...i've seen the pics too.

And what country club is he a member of, The Devs, so what Dylan said must have been true then....LOLOL   (only kidding)

I couldn't care less who wins the prizes, whether (as mentioned by others) been given to specific people or totally random, hope they've all enjoyed the holiday, its good of WGT to be offering such prizes to people who are not even near the top of any leaderboard (every ones a winner) in the first place, its their $$ i think they deserve to do what they like with it, unless WGT really do come up with a transparent way of doing draws there will always be 1 or 2 people who feel "its not fair".  I think its best not to relly on a sweepstakes, but to go out and get better so you have a higher % of winning prizes by actually winning, and if you DO LIKE sweepstakes, go do the lottery.lol

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 8:57 AM

Chris .. I know your kidding but  --- for those who don't know Dan is not a a member of Dev's ... wish he was .. he's a great player.

And thanks Chris / Edge and others for agreeing there is no conspiracy theory with our Country Club.    I understand it's all in jest but some may not.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 9:05 AM

oilyrag:

so why doesn't this show on the leaderboard ????

there is still no "winner" attached

Hey oilyrag, my apologies, it wasn't my intention to make you go unanswered. To directly answer this main question from your post, I have begun an investigation in to this matter to figure out why his record does not reflect the tournament he won. I will make sure to update you as soon as I get more information.

oilyrag:
    ALL random draw winners of ALL prizes must be easily viewable... from the beginning of wgt ... that includes ALL 3 winners of each of the monthly sweeps

This is a great suggestion to provide some more transparency.This is something I think I mentioned before that should not be out of reach for us, so we should be able to do this moving forward. Posting the winners of past sweeps might take some time.

If I missed any pressing questions, let me know and I'll try my best to answer :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• Jolexi
    429 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 9:54 AM

I've heard the only way to get into the Dev's is to do a "hit" on a member of Transgressional and the only way to get out is if you get "wacked"

Only what I heard though guys so steady with the horses heads!

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 10:00 AM

again then

for a 3rd time

what did the low level pro ... that appeared in 3rd place on the august earnings leaderboard ... win ?

that person had $1000 added to career earnings in aug 2012

the last round played was in july 2012

therefore that person must have won some kind of sweepstake

there are 102 entries in the score history and NONE has a prize worth $1000

so what did that person win?

and if you still looking blank as to what name it is ... it's approx 150 in the current yearly earnings leaderboard

-----

how is it that  dansamcam took the celtic manor prize in june yet your rules state that the prize had to be taken before aug 2011?

while i probably know the answer to this ... it doesn't change the fact of how abysmal your admin is.

-----

look further back .... there are more questions

----

i have one more question regarding the random sweep prizes, but i'll leave that for now. maybe someone else will notice what's odd about them.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 5:29 PM

Hey oilyrag, I did some research and found some answers to your questions:

oilyrag:
    what did the low level pro ... that appeared in 3rd place on the august earnings leaderboard ... win ?

Apparently this player was the randomly selected winner of a real life set of TaylorMade R9 golf clubs, valued around $1100. Here is the tourney: http://www.wgt.com/tournaments/details.aspx?ID=c15c9b28-47ec-4eac-b0cb-9e3e01761a88

When we recorded this winning, we accidentally ALSO added nearly $1,100 in credits as earnings to his account. The credits had since been removed, but the damage was done as far as his "career earnings" reading shows.

oilyrag:
    how is it that  dansamcam took the celtic manor prize in june yet your rules state that the prize had to be taken before aug 2011?

I'm told that the original winner of this contest did not contact us, and neither did the 2nd winner. Dansamcam was the 3rd name randomly chosen from all the entrants and the first to respond back and accept the prize. It took a few weeks to finally confirm a winner, but we found one.He should make a thread about his experience and post pics, if you ask me!  :)

I hope that answers your questions, Oilyrag. I sent you a friend invite, feel free to directly message me if you want to talk to me directly about anything :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2012 2:17 AM

MioKontic:

And please Pizza, change that slogan... or better yet, just remove it.

I actually like her slogan :)

Stay Classy dude

tbe.

• Funkyjunkie3000
    722 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2012 2:48 AM

WGTpizza:

Oh ok, I understand. Thanks for explaining. You are welcome in any of my games :)

Any one else want to weigh in on how we can do better with announcing the tourney winners?

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

overtheedge:

pb1711:

grinch1277:

Funkyjunkie3000:

very simple in my eyes only give random draw prizes to players that are still active

in my eyes you should be rewarding the players that play here each and every day, i think the minimum requirement for winning such a prize as a golf trip should be to play 1 game here per week

Pretty sure this would keep every one happy and i know this would probably take longer to select winners but you would get them to accept the prize asap,

just my humble opinion

x2

x3

x4

i did but didnt get a response :/

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2012 3:08 AM

good, we're getting somewhere :)

the answer on "dansamcam" was the expected one, but why not have a simple list of all outstanding prizes...... it will help remove all suspicion, like here

https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p/results/unclaimedPrizes.do

( and boy, is there one hell of an inclaimed prize here )

the only way i'm finding out about winners and unclaimed prizes is by searching score histories old level 30 legend which is ridiculous.

and again, for instance 

who won the trip to pinehurst ???

what about the american century challenge trip ??  ( or a similar name - i can't be arsed to look it up again)

WGTpizza:

oilyrag:

Apparently this player was the randomly selected winner of a real life set of TaylorMade R9 golf clubs, valued around $1100. Here is the tourney: http://www.wgt.com/tournaments/details.aspx?ID=c15c9b28-47ec-4eac-b0cb-9e3e01761a88

so i presume all the players played ONLY through candystand, yet there is a tournament viewable on wgt ( you've given the link ) and none of the scores appear in score histories ... jeepers ...

you could save yourself a lot of grief by making all random draws easily visible ( and not by just offering the winners list by post )

a simple list would do

list all major winners, their prize, tourney, entry method

list all unclaimed major prizes

list the monthly sweeps (all of them ) inc the method of entry.

and list all other minor prize winner, tourney and entry method.

put it all in one place that can be easily viewed

and easily searched ( as the list of monthly winners will get quite large)

rather than haphazardly naming a few players

RSS