Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Players Win Dream Golf Trips

Fri, Sep 21 2012 10:21 AM (134 replies)
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Sep 13 2012 6:26 PM

Wow .. There seem to be quite of few interesting notes in this thread having to do with the Dev's CC.    Maybe I can get some folks a bit better informed about our club.

1)  Many of the Dev member have been gathering and chatting in IRC since late 2008  (Since May 2009 for me) and learned how to play the game on Kia and later on BP with starter equipment.   This was about 18 months before WGT had country clubs.   Seemed to make sense we would all jump into the same club.   It's true, our club is not open to anyone.  We don't add / delete players daily.   In fact we have never deleted a member.    Our members vote on who to admit based on getting to know them as we all interact in IRC.   Regardless of what most think - membership has nothing at all to do with how well you play WGT.  This is a group of on-line "friends" who play virtual golf daily try to meet up and play real golf whenever they can.

2) We have no ties to WGT any more than anyone else has.  Some of the WGT staff members show up and chat with us - as they might with any club that has a vehicle to do this.  I think they use it as a way to learn directly from some of the players.

3) The IRC Channel is open to anyone.  Just look at the top of my profile page.  It tells anyone how to get in and chat.  Most of the members invite people to join us every day.   We have lots of folks who are not Dev's chatting with us every day.

4) DylanJ - you, and anyone else for that matter is more than welcome to join the poker game - the more the merrier.   We have lots of guys who are not in the club that play regularly.  As it says on my profile page ... we play every other Friday night at 10 PM Eastern Time.   Next game is 9/21 (I won't be there - on vacation).   We play on pokerstars.net ... with free chips.   The entry fee is a sleeve of balls of the winners choice to be paid out to the winner & runner ups as determined by how many enter.  You need to get into IRC ahead of time .. preferably a few days ahead of time and someone will show you how to get into the room we play in.

5) I know most of what is said in these forums is in jest --- but honestly --- to those who take it seriously --- there is no conspiracy theory, no "in crowd".  We're just a bunch of folks who are hooked on an on line golf game.  

That's about it.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Sep 13 2012 6:36 PM

lvietri:

5) I know most of what is said in these forums is in jest --- but honestly --- to those who take it seriously --- there is no conspiracy theory, no "in crowd".  We're just a bunch of folks who are hooked on an on line golf game.  

That's about it.

Here here! Well said, sir  :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 12:14 AM

WGTpizza:

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

again

more answers to crap not related to this thread

but no answer to my questions ???????????????

WHY ?????????????????????????????????

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 3:34 AM

oilyrag:

WGTpizza:

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

again

more answers to crap not related to this thread

but no answer to my questions ???????????????

WHY ?????????????????????????????????

oilyrag is 100% correct in saying this WGTpizza. He has asked you numerous questions. He has made references to the "transparency" of the so called "random draw". He has made some suggestions in regards to transparency, and so on and so on. You still do not even "respond" to any of his inquiries. You really don't have to answer anything, but at least stay on topic and give oilyrag some due respect by "at the least", responding to his questions and or, suggestions. He has brought up some very valid points. 

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 4:22 AM

This might be a bit of a long shot as to making draw "transparent" (depending on entrats because i havn't a clue of the numbers who enter a specific tournament. And a bit comical too without having to rely on PC's

Get a big Dustbin (wheelie bin in UK), fill that wheelie bin with wgt "unlimited free balls" or the equivalant cheap balls you could buy.  Now this is the tedious part, write on say 4000 balls a number from 1 to four thousand, throw them all in the wheelie bin then get Icon or Pizza to dive in pick out a ball, and the number on that golf ball might be 678, so who ever is 678 in the tournament leaderboard gets the prize! (if there is 6 ties at that number putt all those 6 in a hat and pick 1.

But if i'm wrong and then there's up to 20,000 or more to pick from, get a bucket with 20 balls in and a bigger bin with a thousand golf balls with 1 to 1000 on them, pick one out of the bucket with 1 to 20, if it is number 16, then the winner will be the person's who come between 16 and 17 thousand on leaderboard so out of the bin with 1000 balls you can draw another ball with winners number, if you pick 678 then that winner will be 16,678 on leaderboard.

As for Lou (ivietris) post, that was well said, sensible and honest and a proper heads up to quash all the "conspiracy theories"

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 4:49 AM

chrisironsbones:
    But if i'm wrong and then there's up to 20,000 or more to pick from, get a bucket with 20 balls in and a bigger bin with a thousand golf balls with 1 to 1000 on them, pick one out of the bucket with 1 to 20 0 to 19,

Fixed it for you.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 4:58 AM

I would be a mess if it wasn't for you Andy, i've lost count of the amount of times you've saved my a55..lol  Best to take my time & not rush these amazing ideas...

RSS