Help › Forums

Gifting your current clubs to friends

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 19 2021 12:45 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GRAHAMJC63
    6 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 5:43 PM

I currently have a Taylormade R11 driver, costing 1395 credits. I wish to upgrade to the latest Ping G20 driver when I have leveled up sufficiently.

Obviously, once I purchase the Ping, my R11 will be redundant.

If I was to sell it, I would receive only 349 credits from WGT, making a net loss of 1046 of my hard earned credits.

I would much rather gift this driver to my nephew.

Unfortunately we can only gift equipment bought from the pro shop.

Please WGT, allow us to start gifting equipment we own to friends.

If anyone agrees with my blog, please comment.

Thanks

• dario2589
    202 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 10:58 PM

Would be nice... but not gonna happen...

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 11:30 PM

GRAHAMJC63:
    Please WGT

Unfortunately we have been askign for various methods of resale and gifting for a long time.

falls on deaf ears. WGT feel they would reduce their income margin if they did.

They also feel that a Xmas/ Easter et al, gift of a single ball is very generous, rather than a Full Sleeve.

Oh and when yu level up you do earn credits, but never any more than 100 which cant buy anything in the pro Shop either at the level you earn the 100.

So..   when in Rome , you speak Italian.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 11:57 PM

Some people seem to miss the problem with the resale of clubs. You can't have the free movement of credits and equipment on here or the unscrupolous would have a field day

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 4:28 PM

piztaker:
    You can't have the free movement of credits and equipment on here

You could within the paramaters of  a Country Club Pro Shop

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 6:31 PM

I'll echo piz.......if you gift clubs you own, the sandbagger issue would get completely out of control.  What would stop anyone from opening a 2nd account and loading their Hack with R11s and dominating the RGs in their tier as a L1 Hack and the ability of a L90 Tour Master?

Surely, you can see where this leads.  

Yup, as always, a few bad apples ruin it for the rest of us honest people.  Shame on you sandbaggers reading this.  Shame on you.  Sadly, you are just giggling at your behavior instead of actually thinking over how you are screwing everyone else on this site.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 1:18 AM

Choppography:
    What would stop anyone from opening a 2nd account and loading their Hack with R11s

I hear what you're saying, but it wouldnt be any hearder for WGT to apply the Tier based rules for gifting as they do now in the pro shop.

I feel a Country Club pro shop would be great. I have already put the math in other threads, but the way I see it, WGT would earn revenue 3 times on the same set of clubs.

• pizzaflaps
    5 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 5:26 PM

hi graham

you have hit the nail on the head, and furthermore if one makes a genuine mistake when purchasing stuff from the pro shop its hard cheese to us.

i do know one thing friend when one moves up to legend, then the clubs one has are almost redundant and if you want to shoot low scores then you need the very best that one can buy.i have the best bar 1 or 2 clubs, but 556 yds par 4 .your first putt is a chip.

i think there would have to be a time limit say you buy a club  for 1000 cds  then upgrade within a month then you should be able to gift that  it to a friend,

once you have the ultimate equipment then WGT need to attract more players or hope most members strive to move up through the levels, then it is only the balls, which have any value to them ..

so the rules make a little sense on a business level...so beware my friend of reaching the legend status,the length the tee positions  the pin positions are 5 times harder than tour master, i moved from an average 60,.1  to 75 in a heartbeat.

.i own the over 60s fun flappers CC which has just  formed, and we have 18 members at this moment, and striving to get more recruits, but we have some mighty fine players whom are involved in a club event, with 2500 credits added prize money..free entry, i will then put up 1000 credits for a match play event on saturday, and there will be more to come my friend so come join us and bring your friends to  ' over 60s fun  flappers ' is a MEMBER DRIVEN club and the emphasis  is on fun and all fresh ideas are welcomed

cheers mate   jim                   username: macscrubbler

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 10:58 AM

pizzaflaps:
    i have the best bar 1 or 2 clubs, but 556 yds par 4 .your first putt is a chip.

????????????????????????????

pizzaflaps:
      username: macscrubbler

???????????????????????????

pizzaflaps:
    .i own the over 60s fun flappers CC

• blindpugh
    433 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 11:33 AM

MBaggese:

pizzaflaps:
    i have the best bar 1 or 2 clubs, but 556 yds par 4 .your first putt is a chip.

pizzaflaps:
      username: macscrubbler

???????????????????????????

pizzaflaps:
    .i own the over 60s fun flappers CC

sorry Baggese but you've lost me...your comment is?

• PAGES
RSS