Forums

Help › Forums

members joining country club

Thu, Mar 22 2018 10:35 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 1:22 PM

The answer is long to provide step by step details so you can avoid any confusion in the future.  I would recommend working through the 4 steps I listed slowly and going one player at time until you are familiar and comfortable with the process.  Being methodical now will ensure you never have to deal with this again in the future. =)

We have thousands of users who have successfully joined Country Clubs and only the occasional complaint from those who have trouble.  Those who do have trouble get sorted out and into clubs pretty quickly when they go one step at a time.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 1:27 PM

Hey Niv... I'm guessing folks really, really want the EASY button... 

We're holding it for ransom.  When you meet all of our demands, we will release it unharmed.

A picture if you don't believe me....

• Lilleboll
    32 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 6:49 PM

Well, I leave it as is.

I invite them or answer back on requests, that's all... just sad so many fail to join up! :(

• Hootowl9
    392 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 8:00 AM

This system is really starting to get me upset. I've had guys just give up & say the hell with it. :(

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 9:23 AM

Its some work, (creating a CC) but isn’t it that way when forming any type of club / organization or event for that matter. I as well as all our members will get more out of building / creating a Country Club rather then just throwing invites all over the place. Also – look for players that are active and you will get a response. You try to invite players that are posting a round every 2 wks / 3wks / MONTH, well they may never see the invitation. Either way like the old saying goes –you get out of it what YOU put into it…..edge

• slashcity1
    999 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 1:37 PM

WGTniv:

Hi fellas,

Country Club invites are working fine.  The process itself is rather simple and involves only 3 or 4 steps.

• Visit the player's profile you wish to invite to your club
    • Cilck the INVITE TO COUNTRY CLUB link at the top of their profile.  This will send an invitation to the email the player has listed on their account information.
    • Leave a message on that player's wall letting them know you sent an invite and to check their email. (Optional step)
    • Once the player receives the invitation email he/she then must login to WGT and then click the confirmation link in the email to join the club.

That's all there is to it. =)

The most common problems we see with CC invites are:

• The player you are inviting has an incorrect email listed in their account settings, so they will never receive the email.  This can be changed by clicking on the ACCOUNT button then clicking on the CONTACT INFO tab at the top of the page.
    • The player you are inviting is unable to receive emails from WGT or the emails are being redirected to a spam/junk folder.  The player will need to make an exception in their email client to allow emails from members@worldgolftour.com
    • The player is not logged in to WGT when they click the confirmation link in the invitation email.  They should log in before they click the link.

Lilleboll:  I would recommend deleting all of your pending invitations and working with one player at a time until you are more comfortable with the process.  Make sure the folks that are having trouble joining your club have the correct email address listed on their account and that they are following the steps above.  We have many clubs with many members already joined.  As I mentioned, it's just a matter of becoming familiar with the process, but it is rather short and sweet.

Good Luck =) 

I see some players have "Invite to country club" link and some don't - am I doing something wrong or has the player set it up this way?

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 10:23 AM

Wow replying to a 10 year old post. How far in the archives was it

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 10:35 AM

slashcity1:
    I see some players have "Invite to country club" link and some don't - am I doing something wrong or has the player set it up this way?

Are you capable to write a new wall post on their profile? - if not, it would be a second sign that they have blocked you from communication.

• PAGES
RSS