Help › Forums

New drivers

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 17 2009 6:09 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Middle4man
    368 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2009 4:04 PM

Alright, brethren, let me hear from you. I am considering buying one of two new drivers WGT introduced last week, and I need to know how they are working out for you, or not. I am eyeing either the Tour Starter (I like the degree of forgiveness) or the TaylorMade Burner (added distance with the same forgiveness despite the higher meter speed). I am not too keen on the Ping yet -- I'll wait to elevate my game before going that route. Thanks in advance to all who reply.

• TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2009 6:20 PM

i got both of them the tour is more forgiving with about 5-10yds difference.the burner gets alittle more distance but swing meter is way faster .plus its a little difficult going from fast swing meter to a slower one. i switch em up so i can get use to the burner but i like them both. hope that helps u.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2009 6:48 PM

I like the PING.  I don't have much trouble with the faster meter speed so I enjoy the bonus precision rating it gives.

• Treff
    3 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2009 10:07 PM

ahh it wont let me equip the new starter driver i got

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2009 9:06 AM

Treff - What happens when you try to equip the driver?  Have you seen the equip club video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-7bGl1n4JM&feature=channel_page

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2009 11:16 AM

I posted a thread about this on the 14th, I have all three driver options. I  am unable to switch between the taylor made and ping drivers or even the tour pro.I have watched the video ,logged in and out,cleared cache, just about everything. The burner seems to be the default driver .

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2009 6:18 PM

You are only allowed to switch clubs in your bag before you start a round. Once you start a round you are stuck with whatever is in your bag.

If you are not in a round try un equiping all your 5 optional clubs on the left hand side by dragging the exisiting clubs out of their inventory slot.  Once you have 5 empty slots, drag and drop the clubs you want into your bag slots.

If this does not work, please give me more details on what you are doing and what browser you are using.

thanks

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2009 1:20 AM

I have tried everything you mentioned in your reply, watched the tutorial, and read and attempted all things mentioned in the Help faq section many times over.I even tried to un-equip, save the changes , close the window and reopen to re -equip my bag. I have also tried logging out and in after saving the changes. Funny thing is when i reopened the window the burner was still equipped regardless of the fact that i had just un-equipped previously. also i have un-equipped my bag saved the changes and started a round too see if I had a driver in my bag. The burner was still in my bag when the game started. Previous to this problem that started on the night of the 15th i was able to repeatedly switch between the 3 drivers.  My browser is firefox which i have un and reinstalled, and  updated the flash player for firefox.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2009 1:37 AM

I also forgot to mention that i had gone to the website storage settings panel and privacy panel and deleted some of the sites. I was wondering if i had accidentally deleted something that was neccasary for the function of the drivers.Website Privacy Settings Panel .  as of now  there is secure.wgt.com,  media5.wgt.com and www.wgt.com.  UnderWebsite Storage Settings Panel there are the same 3 sights as in the privacy setting panel

• beamer750
    38 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2009 5:23 AM

Ping G10..love it!!!!

• PAGES
RSS