Help › Forums

NATION only Putting Challenge

Tue, Jun 27 2023 3:55 PM (391 replies)
  • stevepsheehan
    2,791 Posts
    Sun, Jul 22 2012 2:16 PM

Tightrope:

mantis0014:
    Yes I know about putting does not affect the ball life....  just saying though, the bug in the Nation comp... could there be a bug in stroke play greens too....lol

Yes, probably is. We would not notice... 
    There is some threads about people suspect the balls life got shorter though, maybe WGT just removed the "do not affect ball life" function on all greens all the time, expecting no one would notice. No one would be surprised...

As I had a ball almost at the end of its life, ie well into the red section, I thought I'd do a little experiment to see if this was happening or not. So I went out on St Andys, got to the green, then putted around til reaching maximum shots, at 10 or 11. Got as far as the 6th fairway before the ball died and was replaced, which is about what I expected, however, I managed to get in 41 putts as well. 

My conclusion therefore, is that this 'fault' is only effecting the putting comp, and NOT normal play.

Steve

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2012 5:39 AM

Whilst I have no idea of what this thread is driving at, owing to my not having read a single post before that last one, would this debar my making an entry anyway?

Lizzie xx

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2012 12:08 PM

Lizzie you can do anything you want. Myself have missed your delightful posts.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2012 3:07 PM

:-) MnS.

Then I shall continue to hijack the thread for no apparent reason, whilst remaining steadfastly classy, poking at the same time, a stick of proverbability into the somnolent flesh of those who would fain erstwhilinity and foist upon a once happy forum readership the new order of unremitting dullness, enlivened only by its' very blandness. I shall also introduce several new and meaningless words, please endeavour to make them welcome.

Lizzie xx

( Totally classed up )

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2012 9:27 PM

You, Sir, are totally remiss in your assumption of what you assume to be the facts. Ms. Rossetti is only relating that which keeps us informed on the various goings on of things of great import, if not to you, then you have no reason to post, nor, protest. I humbly submit this for your consideration.

Doc

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2012 6:09 AM

Might I suggest a simple poll?

Who enjoys reading Lizzie's "gibberish"?

Who enjoys reading Dylyn's?

I'll start it off with a big +1 for Lizzie.....

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2012 7:26 AM

+2

• lencraddy
    1,927 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2012 4:32 PM

+ 3   It`s certainly  more entertaining than  the usual moans and BS that turns up on here .      

Len.                                                                                                                    

RSS