Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Congressional Championship Winners

Mon, Jul 16 2012 7:14 AM (79 replies)
  • JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 4:51 PM

After further investigation, I'm convinced that at least half the winners of the Pro, TP, and Master tiers are multi-accounters and at least one of the others is an intentional sandbagger.  WGT should toss out the whole competition and not send a damn thing to any of them, with apologies to the obviously legit players involved.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 9:33 PM

It is simply amazing the Pro Tier winner has a little less than $500 in winnings in eight months. Must be an awesome player LOL!

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 9:56 PM

JaLaBar,   has  said  things   here ,that is  verry  disturbing    for  me ....i  dont  play   for  $$$$   and  i am excluded  from (winning$$$$)on most  Nation  tourny(been  from  Quebec)  ,   i  still  play  them  anyway , for  the  fun  of  playing(they invite me )  .........    i  know  from  playing  this  game now  almost for18  months,  and  having   heard   of   funny   busness here , nothing  is  perfect  ,  and there will always  be  the(  guy  )  that  will abuse  this  game  , i  just  hope  WGT  make  sure  we  the  ordinary  player ,dont  louse  interess    in  the  game  we like  because  of  funny  stuff........  you  know  what  they  say  about  post  like this   there is  no  smoke  without  fire :) 

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 8:56 AM

I will tell you what I find most disturbing out of all of this:  No response from any of the WGT staff to this concern.  None at all.  So please, WGT, stop blowing smoke up our asses and telling us you care about the customers.  It's bulls**t.  If you cared about us, this would have been addressed immediately.

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 9:44 AM

JaLaBar:
    I will tell you what I find most disturbing out of all of this:  No response from any of the WGT staff to this concern.  None at all.

Nor will they.  I emailed WGT about the top 2 players in the Pro tier nearly 12 months ago, so it's obvious they don't care.  In fact, if you look at the 1st page of the Natural Talent thread you can see the response I got.  Wasn't necessarily to that/those email(s), but it was about the subject in general.

As Chrisironsbones said in another thread somewhere, we might as well all start new accounts and start sandbagging.  Remember what Icon said, it's ok to start a new account as many times as you want; WGT would appreciate it if you emailed them, but it's not mandatory.

Very soon this game will lose all it's honest and legitimate players and will be full of only multi-accounters, sandbaggers and scammers.  Nice one WGT, that's the way to run a business.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 9:59 AM

Almost embarrassed to be lumped in with all the scumbags in the OP.   Whoever 'verifies' these scores at WGT needs to be replaced.

Very late edit - I do however very much appreciate the prize, got a new  r11s 3w all upon the amazon with it.

So thanks for putting on the tournament, regardless of some of the winners...

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 10:07 AM

MioKontic:

Very soon this game will lose all it's honest and legitimate players and will be full of only multi-accounters, sandbaggers and scammers.

what do you mean very soon lol.

I'd be more than curious to take a peek at the ip addresses of those who've won Amazon cards and see if the same ip address has been used to play any other other accounts across all tiers.

this will never happen.....and yes folks will give same argument that 1 household....1 ip address but 3 folks playing wgt.

sure or course that happens, but it is also the biggest curtain for multiaccounter to hide behind so needs looked into.....ip tracking is the best way to  catch out a lot (not all) of the multiaccounter skullduggery that is going on.....at least it would be a start.

all the data is there to catch the dishonest players fiddling their brains out.

nothing will ever get done about it....or it would have been done ages ago.

BolloxInBruges:

Almost embarrassed to be lumped in with all the scumbags in the OP.   Whoever 'verifies' these scores at WGT needs to be replaced.

I don't think anyone verifies them at all. I've never seen such a poor job done of a relatively simple task.

If I'm wrong....I am willing to fly down to London and nail my gonads to Buckingham Palace with a rusty nail. 

BTW...well done Sam for the win...you left that late. :)

Probably a few GC's will end up on here lol

tbe

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 11:18 AM

I'd like to say congratulations to all the sandbagging multi-accounters lower tiered players who cheated honest players out of a chance to win posted low scores. They really deserve a kick in the *** congratulations from all WGT players.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 11:33 AM

BolloxInBruges:

And I do hope you realize I in no way include you in my diatribe.  You were who the 'apologies to legit players' were intended for.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 11:56 AM

Hi all,

It's my fault.

-wgticon

RSS