Forums

Help › Forums

Media5.wgt.com

Fri, Mar 8 2019 1:37 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • shootlowest
    89 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 10:08 AM

My hard drive crashed and my computer had to be set up again.... The tech that organised this installed lots of great anti spyware and anti virus programmes for me.

Now .... when i try to do anything on WGT, i get this popup from media5.wgt.com, asking me for increasing amounts of facility, to store info on my computer.

I cant do a thing without this popup appearing continuously and i feel that it is an invasion of my privacy and certainly spoils my appreciation of the game.

What do i have to do to rid myself of this intrusion.... A simple NO the first time should suffice, or do we have to live with this invasive situation in order to enjoy the WGT experience.

Am i being paranoid, or am i justified in feeling the way i do ?

I just detest people or systems trying to force situations on me and i plan to take this further.

A very disgruntled shoot !

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 10:11 AM

Just guessing here but I think this is your antispyware or other program telling you that you should allocate more memory to wgt.com

But without seeing it I am not sure and you should ask the tech who worked on your computer.  This is not a notice WGT gives you.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 10:16 AM

It's your flash player asking to store files on your computer you need to go into your flash settings and allow more local storage,

• shootlowest
    89 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 10:18 AM

Thank you for your input !

shoot

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 10:19 AM

DannyPhan:

It's your flash player asking to store files on your computer you need to go into your flash settings and allow more local storage,

to do this right click on the game screen or the play button on your home screen, then select settings, then as above picture shows selec tthe folder icon and either move the bar all the way to the right or at least to 1mb

hope this helps

regards

ladzrls

• johnloaves
    126 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 10:23 AM

i always drag it right across

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 10:37 AM

Comodo Dragon doesn't have that option,   at least not on my computer.

There is other ways, but I don't have the link to it on my work PC,  I use chrome at work.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 11:15 AM

hpurey:

There is other ways, but I don't have the link to it on my work PC,  I use chrome at work.

Yes it does Hazen

Right click when in the game client and select "settings"

I think it's the "folder" at the bottom for storage.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 11:26 AM

If you are using windows o/s go into the control panel and click on flash player.  You will see the following.

This is how I have my flash player set.  It asks me to store files and automatically adjusts the amount of storage.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 11:42 AM

MBaggese:

hpurey:

Yes it does Hazen

Right click when in the game client and select "settings"

I think it's the "folder" at the bottom for storage.

That's the thing Mike......on my computer at home,  when I right-click, it doesn't have all the options when I use comodo dragon,  but it does when I use chrome at home.

Maybe I'll reinstall C. Dragon.

Installing it on my work pc right now,  will see if it is there.  BRB  n/m  not allowed lol

• PAGES
RSS