Forums

Help › Forums

No Virtual Open Championship in 2012

Tue, Jun 2 2020 7:53 AM (139 replies)
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2012 7:50 AM

LeonDelBosque:

I couldn't care less about not getting the Open Championship, but if WGT couldn't get Royal Lytham, why didn't they do another course -- any course? 

I'm with you sir. Whether it was Cleethorpes Municipal or Luton pay and play. A course is a course is a course.

• snowy64
    67 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2012 12:08 PM

Why not have a course like Wentworth, Playing a hole like the 18Th would be fun.

• Win1Soon
    385 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2012 3:12 PM

Ok, I give! I have been looking for the tourney all day and can't find it. "Come out, come out wherever you are! :)

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2012 3:16 PM

There should have been a back up course selected. For the money we pay and the support we have given, this is a slap in the face.

Any course in the top 100 private, Municipal, and recreational could be put up. Were not that picky.

I would quit too but I have to many friends and many responsibilities to my Ventrilo Chat room server, so Im stuck with a flawed game.

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2012 4:14 PM

After reading all the posts and how disappointed people are I've been thinking, with all the lovey dovey complete turn around on how they treat their customers.............you don't suppose they are getting ready to sell WGT.  They don't have much to offer in the way of new equipment, balls, ect. and the best players can't get much better and then there is a whole bunch of second tier ( myself included ) players who aren't going to improve much either. Baseball appears to be a flop, so where do they go.........find some one to sell it to and take the money and do something else. Just some incoherent thoughts.

• GEHL13
    108 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2012 7:55 PM

Just a thought, and I'm too lazy to read through all the comments made so far so I'm not sure if its been suggested yet or not. But how about hosting a virtual PGA Championship since its being played at Kiawah this year? I know Kiawah isn't a new course, but a new set of pins could make it interesting for such a tournament.

• roaddawgstyle
    305 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2012 8:03 PM

YankeeJim:

A few tournaments in place of a new course? Don't care how you paint that, that's a serious let down. Now we're down to 1 course a year. Lovely. Only 12 months to wait.

Good luck to all the sub 60 average players in those tournaments. Make sure you create lots of excitement for us on the sidelines so we don't fall asleep. Pffft.

actually we got two courses this year whistler and olympic

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2012 10:14 PM

Win1Soon:

Ok, I give! I have been looking for the tourney all day and can't find it. "Come out, come out wherever you are! :)

Was wondering that myself.  My guess would be possibly another 4-rounder from Thursday to Sunday?  Any concrete evidence seems rather elusive at this point though.....  ;)

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 12:31 AM

GEHL13:

But how about hosting a virtual PGA Championship since its being played at Kiawah this year?

a tournament could be held, but it won't be called the virtual pga given the tie up between the pga and ea sports

• WindySteve
    28 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 3:07 AM

MisterWGT:

WGT Congressional Championship - Special tournament the week of 6/25 on Congressional

Any news on this?

RSS