Forums

Help › Forums

U.S. Open -- The Sunday Summary

Sun, Jun 24 2012 10:46 AM (24 replies)
  • TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 9:30 AM

MISTERWGT

Thanks for all the hard work that you and your folks do to give us a quality golf game.

The vast majority of players on WGT are not aware of the true financial situation of any company, much less a private one.  I spent 25 plus years as a SVP of Finance for a Fortune 100 company and often am amused by the theories they have about WGT.  Based upon the consensus of most of the WGT community, WGT is bringing in revenue that is equivalent to Apple or Google.  They don't understand the operation and development side of the business.

I think that giving more insight to the community, in terms of staff, pictures, travel, equipment, etc. that it takes to just make it so we can play on one course helps them to understand that the reason the rake is high on tournaments, the balls and clubs cost a lot, etc. is not to be a greedy corporate entity but rather to help pay for the development of the new courses that we all cry for each year.

Again thanks for all that you guys do.  You have brought us the best golf game available.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 11:11 AM

Thanks for the great comments and please know what ever money we make here at WGT goes right back into the product and the people who make this happen.

• zoocorp
    180 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 6:27 PM

MisterWGT- that showed restraint in not taking the final Furyk picture as even with an iphone it could have been Pulitzer Prize worthy and don't even want to think what major outlets would have paid for it.

You get to keep it in your memory bank. However, I would probably would have been hard pressed not to take it- not so much for gain but because those pictures are so much better than say live swing shots.

• zoocorp
    180 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 6:29 PM

Since you bring up the trees and the doglegs, any ideas about including spin into the game.  Some of those holes call for draws and fades- especially from the shorter tees.

• luweegee
    6 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2012 10:46 AM

The thoughts going thru Furyk mind about this shot and that shot that couldnt have been then the final thought if I could only have that one shot back

RSS