Forums

Help › Forums

WGT NATION Tournament During the U.S. Open

Thu, Sep 23 2021 11:42 PM (101 replies)
  • pastlife63
    55 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 2:25 AM

Hi, just received news of the WGT nation appreciation tournie, I see it's on St Andrews, will it be high winds and tournie greens does anyone know?  don't usually play on tournie greens so if this is the case i'd like to practice on them first.

Regards

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 2:50 AM

pastlife63:

Hi, just received news of the WGT nation appreciation tournie, I see it's on St Andrews, will it be high winds and tournie greens does anyone know?  don't usually play on tournie greens so if this is the case i'd like to practice on them first.

Regards

HI, I played it last night, I'm a Tour Pro winds were low and it was on tournament speed greens. Be warned they give a speed boost automatically when you enroll, and if you don't like them (I detest them as the freak up my game) you need to learn how to turn them off. In game settings.

Good Luck.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 5:12 AM

I assume that the tourney conditions are based on your tier. So you will most likely have moderate winds and very fast green speeds. I am a legend and had high winds and tournament green speeds.

• LKiu3
    2 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2017 9:00 PM
    I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites! http://uspstrackingmap.com
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Nov 13 2017 3:21 PM

why did he put a uspstracking map   on here ?  LOL 

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, Nov 14 2017 7:54 PM

Good question, also on an almost 5 year old thread. 

• jonny88
    60 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2017 10:34 AM

We at GIR are doing a survey of How many players are participaing in Club Clashes.  Currently there are 5 in my club who play regularly.  Im not one of them I prefer to keep my avg. intact as most clashes have impossible conditions for advanced players.

Further case in point noboby from either club played in the last match at Pinehurst.  High wind and tourney greens main culprit.  Most of our new players have never played in these conditions.  If WGT continues with setting up difficult clashes the numbers and their future purchases of club passes will dwindle.

Sorry everyone for venting,   Thank you.

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2017 11:51 AM

jonny88:
    We at GIR are doing a survey of How many players are participaing in Club Clashes.  Currently there are 5 in my club who play regularly.  Im not one of them I prefer to keep my avg. intact as most clashes have impossible conditions for advanced players.

A couple of points Jonny.

Firstly, isn't the game meant to be a challenge and wouldn't you be be better of actually learning how to play in all conditions?

Secondly, averages balance out once you hit saturation, and to me, your excuse is a lame cop out and it sounds like you are a red tee player who looks like a fish out of water when you play default tees. Anyone who feels the need to protect an average is pretty pathetic IMO, and this is where WGT got the system so wrong by including red tee rounds as a ranked round. 

Finally, the clashes are about quantity not quality, so it sounds like if you are willing to churn rounds out regardless of score....you would fit in to the clash farce....that is why many do not play them, as they are not primarily skill based.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2017 1:57 PM

this a 4 year old thread?

RSS