Help › Forums

WGT NATION Tournament During the U.S. Open

Thu, Sep 23 2021 11:42 PM (101 replies)
  • ArthMawr
    34 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 10:21 AM

Am I missing something here:

Virtual U.S. Open Nation Tiered Tournament #3

• Separate tiered tournaments limited to players at that same tier: Pro, Tour Pro, Master, Tour Master, Legend

On the final leaderboard for the Tour Pro tier, the top two players are savethetatas who is a Tour Master and StrokemDude who is a Master. bccharger and myself, ArthMawr tied for third and we are both Tour Pro's. cjames48 at 5 is a Master.

How are Tour Masters and Masters appearing on the leader board for Tour Pro's?

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 10:33 AM

ArthMawr:

On the final leaderboard for the Tour Pro tier, the top two players are savethetatas who is a Tour Master and StrokemDude who is a Master. bccharger and myself, ArthMawr tied for third and we are both Tour Pro's. cjames48 at 5 is a Master.

How are Tour Masters and Masters appearing on the leader board for Tour Pro's?

They probably entered that Tournament as Tour pro, and they are Tour masters now.

• ArthMawr
    34 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 11:45 AM

This was a four day tournament: I will admit the possibility of a Tour Pro becoming a Master in the space of four days but I cannot believe someone can jump two tiers in so short a time. I guess if you played non-stop and your score improved every single round you played, thus increasing your average score and the total of rounds played.

After two days of the tourney, I was top of the leader board with scores of 67 and 70 (and I have the screen shot to prove it!)

Then on the third day, Savethetatas appears with scores of 64 and 66.

Since each round has to be played and posted on consecutive days, why would he not be on top of the leader board on day two?

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 11:57 AM

That is very, very interesting.  Savethetatas has gone straight from Tour Pro to Tour Master, missing out the Master tier all together.

Is this something WGT have done to combat the 'natural talent' at the lower tiers?  If so, well done to WGT.  If not and it is an error, then WGT, this is what you should do!!

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 12:03 PM

WGT - why can't I edit my post above???

Anyway, what I was going to say was that Savethetatas only played 8 stroke play games at Tour Pro level before being moved up to TM.  It would be great to know whether this is a conscious decision on WGT's part or a mistake.

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 12:05 PM

I think I've figured out why I can't edit it.  This is a new section in the forum and I'm guessing WGT have in the settings, either purposely or by mistake, not enabled editing of posts in this section.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 12:50 PM

MioKontic:

Hey Mio, good catch! I reported this issue and I believe it has been rectified. Enjoy!

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 12:54 PM

MioKontic:
    Is this something WGT have done to combat the 'natural talent' at the lower tiers?  If so, well done to WGT.  If not and it is an error, then WGT, this is what you should do!!

This is a good thing indeed. Weed-out the riff-raff.

Kudos WGT!

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 2:28 PM

Richard4168:

MioKontic:

This is a good thing indeed. Weed-out the riff-raff.

Kudos WGT!

Unfortunately WGT haven't said whether this is something they have done or is a mistake.  It would be great to have an answer to this.  Don't know why they would want to keep it secret if it is a conscious decision.

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 2:30 PM

WGTpizza:

MioKontic:

Hey Mio, good catch! I reported this issue and I believe it has been rectified. Enjoy!

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

Yes it has, thank you.

Now, about the other query...???

RSS