Forums

Help › Forums

Going to San Fran for the 420 tee time!

Tue, May 4 2010 7:10 PM (30 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 2:52 PM

Doublemochaman:
    But does it have a lounge on the top floor...

Yes, and perhaps the best view of Russian Hill and beyond to the Wharf and of course Alcatraz Island...but, the sunday buffet/brunch is one that is so over-the-top, that even a non-using, never tried, never ever going to try some bud, would be well advised to pop that stupid cherry and enjoy. I would love to give that brunch the intensity of a first "munchies" frenzy. Of course, one must ask why they have a buffet, when Jimmy & Warren don't say it like that.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 3:23 PM

SweetiePie:
    Of course, one must ask why they have a buffet, when Jimmy & Warren don't say it like that.

Ah SP.. it's because Warren and Jimmy have the good sense to leave the last letter on their names... Messrs. Buffett et al.

Cheers!

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 1:27 PM
    Fairmount .. up on the hill ... great hotel .. spent many a late night there trying to sober up before going to customer meetings after spending hours and hours at the Buena Vista drowning in their Irish Coffee
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 3:13 PM

lvietri:
    Fairmount .. up on the hill ... great hotel .. spent many a late night there trying to sober up before going to customer meetings after spending hours and hours at the Buena Vista drowning in their Irish Coffee
    Being somewhat crazy, I enjoy and always call it "Frisco" when I'm there. It drives the people who can't afford to live there, but are service workers there, to offer correction with attitude. It's fun.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 9:55 AM

SweetiePie, my dear, those of us who ~can~ afford to live here and fully enjoy all that San Francisco has to offer, generally save our most disdainful looks for rednecks with the IQ of house plants, LA transplants, vagrants passing through, tourists who ooze intolerance at the City's diversity, and those who insist on calling our fair city "frisco"....

... usually because they are the same person.    

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 3:06 PM

Snaike:

SweetiePie, my dear, those of us who ~can~ afford to live here and fully enjoy all that San Francisco has to offer, generally save our most disdainful looks for rednecks with the IQ of house plants, LA transplants, vagrants passing through, tourists who ooze intolerance at the City's diversity, and those who insist on calling our fair city "frisco"....

... usually because they are the same person.    

Oh I believe you. I believe you believe what you are saying. I love just to walk the city, go to China Town, North Beach, just breathing it all in, looking at all the spooks while I continue searching for a straight bar. And enjoy laughing in private about Gavin Newsome and his lack of an IQ. I LOVE FRISCO! Because I don't live there. I go there for......I'll get back to you on that one.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 3:15 PM

Ah, perhaps then I can help you find it...  Just let me know when you're coming up next.

I'm sure between the two of us we could find at least 4 or 5 straight bars we could close for the night... and two or three that could shut us down...lol

Then to top it all off, we could take in a local 'drag race'.  

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 4:19 PM

Snaike:

Ah, perhaps then I can help you find it...  Just let me know when you're coming up next.

I'm sure between the two of us we could find at least 4 or 5 straight bars we could close for the night... and two or three that could shut us down...lol

Then to top it all off, we could take in a local 'drag race'.  

Deal. I'll buy, you tip.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 6:09 PM

Get a room.

Preferably at the Fairmount.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 6:39 PM

But have drinks at the Top of the Mark.  And dessert at Farallon.

RSS