Forums

Help › Forums

WGTLS

Sat, Mar 16 2019 7:36 PM (36 replies)
  • WYLBILL81
    69 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 11:31 PM

So sorry to hear Mark, hope u can get all these problems worked out. this is the best sight on the internet....

thanks your friend,  WYLBILL81

• Andy74
    1 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 11:43 PM

Agreed with WYLBILL, I am already missing WGTLS!

I'm pretty sure with the fanbase you have, someone will be able to help get you back online soon. We all depend on it!  :-)

• sluny
    126 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 12:09 AM

What exactly is wrong with your hosting? Wglts web was nothing complicated, not many simultaneously accessing users, maybe only the chat was resources hungry, but all together it was nothing so special, what could be problem for any standard web hosting service...

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 12:24 AM

I'm completely foreign to the ladders, save for a quick browse of the forums, so someone please fill me in regarding this question. Mark, maybe you can?

Other than losing the control of moderating the threads over there, why can't the exact same agenda be carried out here, on WGT? They already allow posting of scorecards, so as long as someone tracked and posted winners lists here, etc - I can't see any reason why it can't continue right here, through the host site?

I'm sure I am missing something being unfamiliar with it, but it just isn't jumping out at me and slapping me in the face. has this already been discussed with WGT, and they can't handle the volume of the additional posts on these threads, or what?

• Neil426
    142 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 12:32 AM

Come join Golfseeker.uk.co   we post results daily and theres no confusion. Great bunch of guys

• bigddogg19
    18 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 12:54 AM

VHL,

We have a great group of honest people on the ladders, so we can easily just keep track of losses if we play a match with someone and report them when the site comes back up. The main problem is the loss of the chat room where we are able to arrange matches. Without that, its very difficult to see in real time who wants to play a ladder match. So unless you have someone on your friends list on WGT or your skype list, its tough to set any matches up.

Ryan

• mwh65
    63 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 12:56 AM

Thanks everyone.

VanHalenLover, It doesn't quite work like that for the 3 ladders, WGTLS 3, WGTLS 9 and WGTLS 18 making it impossible to keep a tally of the results here. However I'm confident WGTLS will be back up this week, probably before Friday. It's impossible to give a more accurate date at this point but I will keep everyone informed.

"What exactly is wrong with your hosting? Wglts web was nothing complicated, not many simultaneously accessing users, maybe only the chat was resources hungry, but all together it was nothing so special, what could be problem for any standard web hosting service..." Exactly my point sluny. The forum software can run hunderds of simultaneous connections and it may very well be the chatroom causing the issue. I will soon find out.

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 2:18 AM

So sorry to hear that Mark.

Ladder guys can chat & setup games here ...

http://www.gamesurge.net/chat/WGTLS

From the connect page change to your WGT name by typing  your name

This was the temporary ladders chat last time Mwh had to rework things. Just won't have the ability to post results until ladders finds a new host.

• showtime73
    114 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 9:30 AM

hi mark..do to the guilds,i'm going through withdraws..my team and many others..isnt that right harve?..i no you wont make it a pay site but,maybe we could make a few donations and get a kick ass server..just a thought..thanks and good luck mark..showtime73

• mikeyb23
    230 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 10:06 AM

Golfseeker.uk.co , another option until the WGTLS comes back, try it!

RSS