Forums

Help › Forums

Try before you buy ?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 8 2009 12:25 PM (9 replies)
  • GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2009 1:31 AM

I have a suggestion regarding new clubs.I think it would be a good idea if we could try out a new club before we buy it,that way if we did not like it you have not wasted any credits,i feel more people would be willing to purchase a new club if they had first hit a few balls with it,do you think this is a good idea folks ?

I have also noticed on the new drivers that the swing meter looks to be at a different speed, would this not cause problems with your other clubs like your irons ? What i mean is we all learn to hit the meter accuracy line, so if a club like the new driver you have for sale is a different speed to the rest of your clubs its gonna screw your game up completly . 

• tomab
    517 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2009 9:19 AM

I agree. Have posted this under another discussion:

In real golf I would never have changed the old clubs with the new one. The new ones seems to randomize the direction. The only thing that seems better is the distance control.

Starter clubs should always be more forgiving than more advanced clubs that instead give more precision and / or distance.

When I buy clubs from a pro shop I like to try them before I pay. I would appreciate that as a function in the pro shop in WGT too.

In the specification for the clubs I see that “Tour starters” compared to “Starters” is equal or better on every spec. “Tour” has more length, more precision and is more forgiving. This is not very realistic. Seems to be a way to force players to buy new clubs.

Tom

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2009 9:28 PM

Thanks for you suggestion, Gladstone. Swing meter speed is just another attribute we're offering in our lineup of clubs, to let people pick what is best for them.

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2009 1:47 AM

Hi Alex,

The new drivers have faster speed meters than our current selection of clubs, so my suggestion  now is can we have an improved driver that goes with the current speed of the rest of your clubs ,it is very difficult playing with different speed meters.

I know some people may say why did you buy it in the 1st place when you new there would be deviation in speed meter but i just wanted to try it out.

Now i have tried it it causes problems and takes some of the enoyment out of the game having to contend with different speeds, i would like to hear what other people who have tried think.

Imo a driver should be the same speed meter as the rest of yor clubs, so will WGT be making improved drivers to go with the irons you allready have .or are more irons going to be made available at a speed which matches your new drivers which you will probably also have to pay for.

Is this just to make more money,i dont mind 100 credits but the drivers 500 credits  seems a bit much, still i dont have to buy them do i .

are the new clubs a different speed meter to make the game harder to play ?

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2009 1:53 AM

Having re-read my post some people may think i am whining ... i am not , but would appreciate a none diplomatic answer   :)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2009 8:36 AM

The prices for drivers here are less than or equal to those "other guys".

If you think about it, in real golf your swing speed is different for every club.  Having a different swing speed for each club would actually be more realistic, not less.  The clubs have trade-offs.  You get a little better performance in one area but sacrifice it in another.  The premium drivers are supposed to be harder to hit.  The only way to even do that is to speed up the meter.

The only reason the game is harder now is because of the over-sensitive mishits on starter clubs.  Once they fix that the game will be fun to play again.

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2009 9:03 AM

Hi Nivlac ,

How are you getting on with that new ping driver ?

• dacsyr1
    26 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2009 10:30 AM

Hi Alex, I do understand it will take a while to get used to the new clubs. I see in this string you are saying there is or will be a way to adjust swing speed- is that what you meant? I hope so. My work desk top is supper slow and I need to speed up the swing meeter and my home gaming laptop is  a 4 gig gaming laptop and the swing meeter is so fast I can not click in the sweetspot but once  a round or so.

With the new clubs this makes it hard for me especially on approach shots to hit the green near the pin or even hit the green. In my first ten rounds I only hit the first green in regulation once. I am a decent ameture with 9 eagles and had a 67- 69 average (and I count most of my rounds). Now I cant see coming close to an eagle.

If I could regulate the speed of the shot bar so that it would be the same on any computer I use I would be real happy.

I just purchase one of the new drivers and the price is very reasonable. I have no complants about that process, cant wait for clubs with adjustable swing speeds lol.

Thanks for a great game

• chuzeme
    7 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2009 12:08 PM

Hey people, Before everyone gets their panties in a wad- check out this golf site- its a pay to play, but it looks like a killer game . Go to goldenfairways.com and download the game. It gives you a tour before you decide to buy!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2009 12:25 PM

To be honest I love the Ping Driver as it sits now because I actually prefer the faster meter speed.  It seems to be more forgiving when missed in the light blue area than compared to the Starter driver.  If I miss the ping by 1 cm, it's managable.  If I miss the starter by 1cm, it's horrible.

I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be this way.  The Ping Driver should be less forgiving on mishits of the same proportion.  I think the forgiveness rating is being calculated in the opposite manner that it should be.

I'll just wait it out, they'll fix it sooner than later.  No biggie.  They've given me over a year's worth of entertainment so,  I owe them a week or two's patience at least.

RSS