Tue, Mar 24 2009 6:43 AM

We are looking into.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 7:35 AM

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 7:57 AM

I agree with Tibbets.  It will be more of the same top 10 guys just won't post scores

• beamer750
    38 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 10:29 AM

Reset and stop all 9 hole averaging...We have a full golf course now...no more of this 32 on the front means 32 on the back nosense...play the whole course and post it!!!

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 5:30 PM

Heres your chance to re set.

• BiRdyKiNg
    30 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 9:05 PM

whats the point of resetting??  seriously??  It seems the ppl with the best averages have the most skewed stats to this point anyway.  Oops...there's a bogie..wouldn't want that on stats...../quit..../forfiet..../restart....and only post scores that are great.  Not saying the people showing the best scoring averages aren't good players...they are....anyone that can shoot 29's and 30's are good, but I have looked at too many players stats that I know are basically impossible to have...period.  This is one of the things that irks me the most about this game at this point.  It is the exception when i play multiplayer to have my opponent post a score.   I guess it makes people legends in there own minds.....makes em feel good to see there name at top of boards??  I dunno

Rant off.............

Birdyking 

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2009 4:42 AM

The point of resetting is to give us all, including the programmers, a chance to reassess how certain changes in the game are affecting the overall performance of the players.  The stats were reset when it left closed beta mode into public beta, and considering the scope of the changes made in the last few days, it seems like a natural point to reset the numbers.

For players(like me) who care about stats, it's important to have some baseline point with which to test things like driving distance, greens in regulation, sand saves, etc.  I have over 550 rounds logged here, so any changes in my stats are miniscule at this point.  It becomes very hard to guage just how much different the driving distances are with the new drivers overall etc. 

Also, the scoring of the top 10 was based on everyone playing the same 9 holes, and since that's changed, it's important that we reset the averages so we can all get a fresh grip on where we're at without having to think about maintianing some average based on a past system.  With the extended score history provided to us now, it will be very easy to ascertain who is shooting what, where, and how often. 

Then again, if you're a player who doesn't care about the numbers, then you certainly wouldn't have an objection to having them wiped out.  The only ones who will resist such a notion will be the ones who are clinging onto things they don't want to lose.  To this I say:  I have the most of anyone to lose by resetting the numbers, and if I'm willing to let them go...

• chuckiee
    2,194 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2009 6:00 AM

RESET RESET RESET maybe that will stop the other gliches in the game too. If you had trophies before you will get them back again. Just don't reset your ranking and add a pro to the mix.

chuckiee

• FenixBR
    2 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2009 7:06 AM

Reset pls!!

• SWBAKER
    5 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2009 7:34 AM

I have posted a couple of scores since the latest upgrade and they are not figuring into my average. Is this a problem that is happening to others or just me?

RSS