Forums

Help › Forums

Resetting Averages, Stats, and Awards.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 30 2009 3:48 PM (67 replies)
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2009 1:41 AM

4 days into the new clubs update and the current top 10 have a whopping combined total of *2* rounds completed.

So yeah, what I said in the first place seems to be holding true.

As an aside, my putting stats for putts 0-5 ft have gone up depsite the fact that I miss far more now than before.  I had an inkling that the calculations for these stats were off, and now I know it for sure.  Something to look into.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2009 3:49 AM

Well I have done 2 rounds, am I the only one? Does that mean I'm #1!! :p

• Caven
    63 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2009 7:25 AM

Ya, come on WGT, reset, reset, reset.  Witness the true results of your upgrade.

Tibbets - Ncviz - Nivlac - AvatarLee - everyone

What are your feelings on WGT developing a "tour ranking" derived from the accumulation of free tournaments for these folks who claim to be purists by their definition?

This would be in addition to the present reset ranking.  I still enjoy seeing people shoot the best they can do, not just at a given moment.

• beamer750
    38 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2009 10:12 AM

yes.... all u big bad top players ...ive been looking and i dont see hardly any scores posted by u guys...have a blessed day :)

• codmot
    8 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2009 10:47 AM

yes, sweetie,  yur #1 in my book since one of those rounds came against me. keep kikken butt, Terri.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2009 12:49 PM

I've played two and a half rounds solo and one skill challenge round. I'm just going to be patient and wait until they've fixed it.  It shouldn't take long.

I have a secondary golf game to keep me busy in the meantime.  :)

Caven:  In my wildest dreams I'd like to see the Top 10 expanded to Top ALL and operate similiar to professional golf's World Rankings.  Something that is an amalgamation of not only your tournament scoring but, various stats and money earned in tournaments played as well.  I tend to be a big dreamer. :)

• Caven
    63 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2009 1:26 PM

Thanks Nivlac for the response.

I found this explanation of the PGA world ranking, I think the wonderful imaginative minds who manage and play at WGT might be able to adapt some form of variant that includes both free tournaments, ranked average, and some of the variables you name. 

*Note the 25% point reduction for not playing 36 holes in a tournament, could be used for withdrawing.  Decision would have to be made to take the reduction, keep the average low, or finish the tournament.

http://www.officialworldgolfranking.com/about_us/default.sps?iType=425

• HitMan-Fred
    9 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2009 2:43 PM

I do beta test games. It is a common practice to reset the game often. When you enter into beta testing. You know that when it comes out of Beta it will be reset. The common system I am used to is you start with the base. You add X or Y see how that plays. Correcting any problems. Then you can add A, B, C and see how the game reacts from there. This kept up til the game is ready for the open market. Reseting helps not only the players see how new things effect the game. It also helps the developers see was putting in B a bad move. Does it help people out to much. Does it make it too hard. Eventually there has to be 1 major reset. Thats why most things are reset on a more frequent basis. That way no one gets accustomed to the "Title" "Prizes" "Perks" of the game for long periods of time. Player input is the key to great games during beta testing. If people want to see how clubs effect the game. I think they should be allowed to have a universal reset. Like I said it helps the players also see how the introduction of 1 part of the game effects the whole game.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2009 5:32 PM

We have not yet come to a conclusion on the issue of resetting stats and awards.  We will definitely keep you posted and ask for more input before we do anything.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 5:52 AM

Nice work on the new release.  It's definitely time to hit the reset button on these numbers.  Thoughts?

RSS