Forums

Help › Forums

Ranked vs Practice

Tue, May 1 2018 5:13 AM (7 replies)
  • rmb73
    10 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 8:07 PM

D'Oh.  After looking around here on the forums and actually paying attention to the game menu, I see the option for ranked and practice.  Since I have been playing this game, off and on, I have always played ranked matches.  Whether it was 18, 9, CTTH or Tournament, all have been ranked.  I am sure at the begining playing practice rounds would have been benifical but is there anything to be gained to change now?  I can see where it might be useful to get used to new equipment but other than that I guess I will continue to play ranked matches.  Any thoughts?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 8:57 PM

In practice you'll still get xp points but your scores won't count towards your stats and they won't bring your average down. The only time I'd play in practice mode would be if I wanted certain conditions or if I wanted to play someone on equal terms, ie, a different tiered player from the same tees. Hope that helps.

• ABlackwood1
    18 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 3:43 PM

old  post i know  BUT .... i mostly play practice 90% so how did i get from hack to Tour pro 

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2018 12:56 PM

play 90% ranked rounds and10% practice

Siders Best

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2018 12:59 PM

Stroke scores that show up in your score history are the ones that count towards your average. Par 3s and 5s don't. Your average and the number of ranked rounds you play in your tier are what determine when you advance.

Before you ask.  ;-)

• ABlackwood1
    18 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2018 4:40 PM

so, practice rounds count as well?

• Dad2147
    1,745 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2018 4:47 PM

I use Practice rounds often. If I have troubles with a coarse or a hole I will go to practice rounds and when I make a bad shot I take mulligans and learn what I need to do for that hole. Great for Putting and good practice for approach shots. Practice rounds will get you close but plays a bit different in Ranked play from My experience. Just thought I would put my thoughts in.

Dad 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2018 5:13 AM

ABlackwood1:

so, practice rounds count as well?

Do you see them in your score history?

RSS