Fri, Mar 26 2010 8:46 AM (4 replies)
  • Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2010 11:36 PM
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 5:49 AM

Oh yeah-where's my Lottery ticket?!  :-D

We have one of these at the local indoor driving range and it is a gas! I played Kiawah there and it is exactly like what we see here. Major fun, especially knowing the course. Even better was the driving range!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:25 AM

Interesting.  YJ, when you say "the same" do you mean that the same high definition photgraphs of Kiawah are used in both games?  Maybe the 2 companies work together sharing photos???  And if that's the case this other company has Pebble Beach and some other coveted courses we don't have yet at WGT.  Do you see where I'm going with this?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 8:31 AM

No question, DMM. When I say exact it was like the HD pics here were enlarged. There were also 15 other courses to chose from like Bay Hill, Harbour Town, Banff  and PB to name a few.

I'm not sure how many pictures it takes to make these sims work but there was no question I was at the same course I play here in every shot that came up. I also remember trying this sim for the first time about 3 years ago which would put it out there way before WGT but maybe you're onto something-the sim people taking it to the masses in a browser?   Hmmmm.

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 8:46 AM
    I have played on a few of these in the past. They had 5 or 6 courses at the time including Harbour Town, Pebble Beach, etc. The actually play was pretty realistic, the ball flight etc. The putting was not, basically you putted from a distance on a flat surface so you didn't have the challenge of a real golf round. When we built our current house we put in a theatre room which is seldom used, I wish I had made it into this type of area instead.
RSS