Forums

Help › Forums

Tiger

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 16 2009 12:02 PM (22 replies)
  • Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2009 10:07 AM

Great to have him back. I think he will do well in the match play. Hope him and Phil meet up.

• talkalotalex
    2 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 11:39 AM

i cant stand tiger woods. if u wanna talk about overpraised...

he is just as good as any1 else

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 11:45 AM

Actually, he's better than most everyone else and he has the stats & championship titles to back it up.  If he hadn't gotten injured he probably would have matched Jack in Major victories by now. 

Who else wins the U.S. Open in 91 holes on a bum leg?  That's been called one of the greatest performances in golf history.  They'll be talking about that US Open for years to come.

You may not like him, but you should at least appreciate the skill of a player like Tiger Woods.  He's our generation's Jack, Arnie or Ben and players like him only come around once every 25-30 years.  It's pretty special.

He blew it on 15 yesterday when he missed that Eagle.  Phil too.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 11:46 AM

You must be joking Talkalotalex.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 12:51 PM

I dont think enough praise. Greatest ever imo. Still needs to get the number for majors but hes the best ever.

• Mainiack
    79 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 4:57 PM

not a tiger fan either, i always wish bad things on him, who wants to see him cuss an throw tantrums when he doesn't hit the perfect shot. no arguing he is the #1 player, but i never back him like i i did arnie or jack. they maintained their demeanor on the course whether leading or chewing bogeys and dropping back, tiger has never had that quality, maybe when he ages some more but i doubt its in his makeup

• Griz0613
    80 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 6:21 PM

Its the competive nature. Ive played baseball since I was 3 and whenever I made an error or missed a pitch I knew  I should have bombed ya I got pissed at myself. I don't see whats different other than hes doing it in front of millions of people. Its his job and he expects to do great on every shot. He's the greatest in the history of the game, get used to seeing him

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 7:08 PM

Tiger's a schoolgirl compared to Sergio.

"They call it golf because all of the other four letter words were taken."  - Raymond Floyd

• Ace3000
    31 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2009 6:43 PM

the average golfer doesn't have 66 PGA tour wins or 14 majors or is #1 ranked in the world to say that is being

very igorant

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2009 7:30 PM

Get real. You must be joking - right???

Tiger is one of the all time greats - nuf said. Even on an off day, when he doesnt win a tournament he still finishes top 6 or top 10.

Ask the other golfers on the tour who's the greatest - do ya wanna have a guess  who they'd pick? No ?? - well I'll tell ya - TIGER. There are some great players on the tour but none stack up to Tiger. There will always be the arguement - is he as good as Jack or Arnie or Player etc etc. that can never be answered.

Thats my 2 bobs worth all the way from Australia. Hey - there was this guy Greg Norman. What a great advert for the game he was. The greatest Australian Golfer bar none - just a shame he couldnt quite get that MASTERS. He deserved it.

Doug (from Down Under)

RSS