Forums

Help › Forums

Golfing truism....

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 21 2010 4:54 PM (4 replies)
  • StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 9:33 AM

If you're afraid a full shot might reach the green while the foursome ahead of you is still putting out, you have two options: you can immediately shank a lay-up or you can wait until the green is clear and top a ball halfway there.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 9:47 AM
    On the other hand, if you want to guarantee you'll reach the green go ahead and hit while the foursome is still on the green. And, of course, suffer the epithets hurled at you. But hey, you reached that par 5 in two!
  • TarheelsRule
    5,470 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 9:52 AM

Just hit into them, you make new friends and learn new words that way.  Plus you have more witnesses to your great shot.

• Slony
    8 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 4:54 PM

lol..and you will see if you are any good at finding your ball when they throw it in the trees for you. ^_^

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 10:01 AM

Funny topic this....  Just yesterday, while taking my son to play golf (still a beginner so a little bit of slow play... yet to be fair, we never got a full hole behind the foursome in front of us) we were hit into twice....

The first time we ignored it with a glance back... no animosity, no rancor, no hostility... everyone is allowed one really good shot that goes further than they thought it would.

No problem.

The second time they hit into us, I placed their ball on a tee in the fairway and took a practice swing in their direction in their full view with my driver....

There's wasn't a third time.

(of course, had they hit the boy, I would have needed a new driver... and he would have had to have his mother come get him while we talked to the police and waited for the ambulance.)

RSS