Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Club Purchase

Wed, Mar 17 2010 2:34 PM (4 replies)
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 10:24 AM

I am ready to add to my club selection. I have the older 10.5 Rapture driver, the Redwood putter, and all other clubs are the starters. I am a Pro and not striving to become a Master.

I thought I would buy the new 9.5 Rapture for the distance, but am having 2nd thoughts. I now think I will add the Rapture 3 Wood instead. That combination should enable me to reach every par 4 in 2, and most par 5s.

The next choice would be a short wedge with good backspin. But what? And should I then retire my Hybrid to keep all wedges in my bag?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 11:02 AM

If your not striving to become a master.  The 3w Rapture pro is good choice.  I would pick a wedge and leave your hybrid alone.  The wedge I would pick would be the 64° Tour W pro wedge.   Its an excellent wedge, good for the short shots, flop shots etc.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 12:19 PM

I play mostly match play games against the pro+ random pick. The hardest matches to win are always against a pro that has that 9.5 driver and decent wedges. I'm partial to the 4 wedge thinking and mine are all Satins.

I think the best club I have is that 64W.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 12:43 PM

The reason why I suggested those clubs, was on the individuals goals and that he has starter irons.  Wedges, I agree, they are preference item, it is what you are use too.  If I could substitute a hybrid for a 3I I would.  Great utility club, high trajectory, mostly carry.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 2:34 PM

I should have included that 3W above because that's the one that gets them on in 2 on most of the pars 5s. I agree with the HB and I use it for high winds. Great club. Maybe that and the 9.5 would fit with 3 wedges.

RSS