Help › Forums

Re: The Ready Go's

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 24 2010 8:10 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 1:27 PM
    They are different. Everyone has different green speeds and wind strength. Probably seem off cause you don't play some of these regularly..... B0geybuster
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 12:32 PM

I entered a very different Ready Go today. One that didn't allow me to complete my round. It said there was 5 hours to go to post a score so I played another one first with a view to going back to it. 30 minutes later the tournament was closed without me having a chance to compete in it. Raging, lost my entrance fee for it.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 1:00 PM

Ready-Go's are the same conditions (green speed, general wind strength etc) for everyone because they are tierless tournaments.  Only tiered tournaments will have tier-specific conditions.

tiffer: Shoot an email off to members@worldgolftour.com and let them know the tournament #.  They should be able to see what happened there. 

*edit* There is kind of a "holdover" let's say when you look at one ready-go leaderboard and then immediately look at another one right away.  It will display the first tournament's remaining time for just a second while Flash catches up, then it will change to that specific tournament's time.  I'm willing to bet this is what happened to you.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 1:59 PM

Thanks for your comment Niv, I have emailed customer support. I am aware of the drag factor when looking at the leaderboards and I'm sure I waited for it to change from the time on the Kiawah leaderboard I was viewing just prior.

• restorethis
    151 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 7:25 AM

Hi all This is a great game but i find the SA RG to be off a bit. The wind for instance is really off. A 31 mile wind on hole #8 from the left I put pointer left of green well into rough,hit way early and it ends up right of the pin about 20 yards. This happens to me a lot , not just on this hole. Regular play I usually shoot 4 to 6 under par. No problem with the wind in regular play. Best I can do in SA  RG is par or a couple under par. But I notice top players must not have this problem with the wind as there scores stay the same. So all I'm saying is I never know where to aim with what the wind does. Just in RG's.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 7:56 AM

restorethis:
    Hi all This is a great game but i find the SA RG to be off a bit. The wind for instance is really off. A 31 mile wind on hole #8 from the left I put pointer left of green well into rough,hit way early and it ends up right of the pin about 20 yards. This happens to me a lot , not just on this hole. Regular play I usually shoot 4 to 6 under par. No problem with the wind in regular play. Best I can do in SA  RG is par or a couple under par. But I notice top players must not have this problem with the wind as there scores stay the same. So all I'm saying is I never know where to aim with what the wind does. Just in RG's.
    So, obviously in the Ready-Go the winds are set to high (I'm sure you knew that) and a regular ranked round is set to moderate.  But what may not be so obvious is that the relationship of wind speed vs. the effect on the shot is not linear!  For instance a 30mph wind from left to right will move a shot well more than 2x the effect a 15mph (same direction) will have on the same shot because as the ball loses velocity in the air wind effects become much more pronounced.

• restorethis
    151 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 8:10 AM

Hi Av point taken,but I will do practice rounds with high winds and have no problem with the wind and shoot rounds of 30 or 29.Thanks for the reply.

• PAGES
RSS