Forums

Help › Forums

Re: SAME COURSE UNLIMITED PLAY

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 1 2010 12:15 PM (5 replies)
  • JMPP
    28 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 6:42 AM
    IFyou are having 2 unlimited play tourneys, have them on 2 different courses. After playing the single play tourneys, your stuck with playing the same coures over and over. It would be more interesting, and if some one doesn't like one course, They will still have another to play.
  • WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 10:52 AM

Hi JMPP,

We switch up the courses for the tournaments every week and month, and do our best to keep it interesting for you.  Thanks for the feedback.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 2:18 PM

Hi WGTadmin,

I Seriously "beg to differ"!!!  Bethpage Black has been the 18 hole unlimited monthly course for as long back as I can remember. I`ve been meaning to post about this for Months now [short term memory ; ) ] to ask for Kiawah once in a while.

Another thought (it`s probably been asked before) is to have a 9 hole unlimited "monthly" just for kicks. We`ve got five 9 holes now to mix it up with and hopefully more in the near future.

Thanks...and Please give us Kiawah once in a while!

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 4:37 PM

Hi Mefitz,

You're right, the monthly 18-hole unlimited play is on Bethpage, but we put the monthly 18-hole open on Kiawah to help balance it out.

I was thinking more of the weekly tournaments, which we switch up more often for variety's sake.  Thanks for the suggestions, though.  We'll take them into consideration.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2010 7:50 AM

So....Another month of Bethpage Black 18 hole Unlimited....How Interesting :( !

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 12:15 PM

And AGAIN ! Has the USGA forced the issue in the contract to have only the one course(Bethpage Black) for unlimited monthly tournaments or, is it just beyond WGT`s imagination to offer another course for monthly unlimited play?

If it is a contractual issue, are we going to be force-fed Oakmont Every month for the next year also, until we`re sick to death of it too?

Just wondering, and would like to know(unless it`s Top Secret !). Thanks :)

RSS