• oppy
    286 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 2:11 PM

Some of Sergio Garcia's loud outfits

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 2:23 PM

chipshotcharlie:

Hey chipsalot dont worry i nearly fell over laughing Americans dont have much of a sense of humor and certainly dont get ours.They dont understand that taking the piss out of things is what we do best .No offense to my American buddies but its true.

gg chip

Of course we Americans have a sense of humor. I just didn't understand what was so funny about some classic golf garb. In the world of fashion these days anything goes, or so it seems. 

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 2:39 PM

thx oppy its hilarious and Norm what i mean is u guys always look on the serious side of life IMHO lifes to short to be like that Payne Stewart was an awesome golfer to say the least, and it would truly take an extraordinary talent to consider wearing those threads lmao

gg chip

• BennyChipIn
    1 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 4:53 PM

What about Jesper? lol

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 10:25 AM

YankeeJim:

Plus he honored the NFL team where he was playing by sporting their colors. That looks like Atlanta.

San Diego

I think Payne practiced the fine art of gamesmanship.  If your competitor can actually hit a shot after you pipe one down the fairway or stuff it by the pin in these digs, then his powers of concentration are to be marveled at.

PS. Payne was a great golfer but was never much for chatting with his fans.  I met him a couple of times in the late 80s at the Orlando Country Club and he seemed standoffish at best, but more on the side abrasive.  I left each encounter rather disappointed and became less of a fan each time.  As the son of a former pro athlete I had always observed the way my father treated people and Payne was about 180 degrees from the example I'd grown up observing.  Granted media pressure wasn't the same in the 70s as it became in Payne's day.  Nevertheless I do expect some level of respect from our pro athletes when approached for a quick question (not even an autograph) during off season in a practice bunker with no one else around.

• PAGES
RSS