Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Taylor Made Putter

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 2 2010 7:16 AM (6 replies)
  • mountainview
    40 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 2:02 PM

This is a strange one...I switched from 15 feet putter to 30 feet and when I struck the ball, the meter changed to 90 feet and the ball went flying past the pin.  Has happened more than once this week.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 4:27 PM

Hi mountainview, does this happen on any particular hole/course? The next time it happens, please send us a report by right-clicking and choosing "Report issue to WGT". Thanks

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 5:08 AM

mountainview, if you have a wheel on your mouse you could have inadvertently rolled it while moving the mouse after setting the scale.  Rolling the wheel changes the putter scale.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 5:23 AM

andyson:
    Rolling the wheel changes the putter scale.

...and is woefully easy to do, especially when letting the button go in your backswing.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 6:42 AM

YankeeJim:

...and is woefully easy to do, especially when letting the button go in your backswing.

YJ, my mouse doesn't do that.  Just lucky maybe but rolling the wheel during the backswing, releasing the button, or during the swing does not change my club selection or putter scale.

• mountainview
    40 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 7:10 AM

Thanks, guys, for your input.  Your analysis seemed to make sense to me....I do have a wheel, so I tried to reproduce the change by spinning the wheel before, during, and while putting and the distance didn't change, though.  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 7:16 AM

andyson:
    YJ, my mouse doesn't do that.

It's actually the move from the wheel to button that does it. There's a sound when you change the scale to alert you but if you're not paying attention you won't notice. Playing too fast causes it too.

RSS