Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Short Game Profile

Tue, Mar 9 2010 12:46 AM (34 replies)
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Mar 6 2010 3:39 PM

There's actually 22,you forgot about a plain old bogey.

Where do we put all this?

I remember this being mentioned, once upon a time.Thanks for your efforts.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sat, Mar 6 2010 3:59 PM

I made a correction to the post, thanks for pointing out that I missed the # of bogeys.  

I made a link for the starting point data input.

I need to set up another form that is exactly the same for another spreadsheet that will calculate all the results.  But that form is not done yet.

The spreadsheet is not finished to view the results, but here is a link for it. 

I will provide an appropriate thread when it is ready to go online.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2010 9:43 PM

Funny how this relates to the newbie players. I was on the bottom of the list compared to the rest of you that had participated. The interesting part of it to me was the relative amount of ranked rounds..The higher the amount of ranked(exceptions noted)rounds correlated to better stats for the players with the most ranked rounds...hence, all the practice they put in created better stats over there careers.I do wish WGT would allow us to examine our stats for say the last 30 days...then last three months etc. That would make it easier for us to track the things we need to work on the most without necessitating the need for us to make our own spreadsheets...I suck at excel!

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2010 9:55 PM

Well, to set up a filter to examine ones stats at any time interval would be nice.  However, the best approach would be to use your last 100 rounds in determining your stats.  I think when they come out with the ability to save scorecards alot more players will be utilizing the spreadsheet approach to tracking their progress.   Google Docs takes alot more planning to obtain the results you want.  Excel is far easier to use, and the ability to use VBA is invaluable tool to say the least.  It gives you alot flexibility.

The internet is also a valuable resource that can give you lots of information on any topic that you wish to know.  Excel can be learned easily.  You could possibly do a google search using the following "esnips excel" or "ebooks excel".  Both searches should bring you up a list of documentation that you can download for free.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2010 12:46 AM

thanks for the excel info, and for an interesting thread

RSS