Forums

Help › Forums

Re: selectable tee boxes

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 10 2023 11:46 AM (3 replies)
  • lefthooklooie
    12 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 5:58 AM

I have noticed that tee boxes are pre-set based on the ranking of the players.  For example a master tees off much further back than an amature.  I would like us to have a choise of tees.  On a good day I (a pro) can beat a master.  I would like to be able to chose tee boxes, so play is equal regardless of ranking.  Make it a choice, an option. 

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 6:45 AM

If you play the round as practice you can select which tee to play off.  The score won't count towards your average or be recorded anywhere though.

It is possible that the reason you can beat a master is because you're teeing off from further down the fairway.  Playing a shorter approach shot helps enormously.   It could also be that you're just damn good at this of course.

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 6:53 AM

Yeah MM is spot on about setting it up in practice mode to play if  you want to select winds, green speeds and tee boxes

In ranked mode you will be on a shorter teebox than your master buddy. If  you guys set up your match in practice mode, you will both share the same teebox you choose.

• creedink78
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jun 10 2023 11:46 AM

Agreed. I’ve also noticed players with upgraded equipment, lower score ave  and higher apparel ratings are still playing two or three tee boxes in front…anywhere between 20-60 yard advantages. It’s really fun to play against those that have a driver that hits 30 yds longer be given a 50 yd advantage. 

RSS