Forums

Help › Forums

Re: BIG problem after sending "gift"

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 27 2010 9:37 AM (1 replies)
  • pgaloom
    11 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 6:12 PM
    There are two associates I know who play WGT. I sent them a gift. Not even two minutes later, one of them sends me an e-mail with the following link: http //www.poldruk.beep.pl/Y8bjhtNxVH.html ...I removed the colon so it wouldn't be active. I let this person know about this, and he called me immediately, saying he sent nothing via e-mail. Looks like you have someone who has attached a keylogger to places within your site. Please look into this asap!
  • WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2010 9:37 AM

Thanks for the report loom.

This is definitely a weird situation because if your associates play on WGT already then their email wouldn't have been necessary for the gifting, just their screen name.  I have gifted hundreds of items myself and never have seen the issue you just described.

Since the link came from your friend's email address (and not from a WGT email) I'd recommend having him once-over his computer for any Viruses/Trojans that might be resident in his email client.  Generally when something like this happens that's the first culprit.

Keep your eyes open though and if you do notice strange links coming from WGT-related email addresses then please send us an email at members@worldgolftour.com

RSS