Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT window crashing

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 27 2010 8:51 AM (6 replies)
  • XBic
    7 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 8:51 AM

Sorry for no bug report, but it doesn't necessarily let me do that.

Twice now I have been in a game.

1. Waiting for my playing partner to load up going into a ranked MP game on StA.

2. On hole #6 of BPB in a practice MP game.

On both occasions I went in to change my status to busy, and the game crashed out on me and gave the error to the tune of: Sorry... there has been an error... try restarting the game client... etc. (I apologize as this is probably way off on what the message was saying)

Basically it looks like anytime I was trying to change status within an ongoing game it was crashing the game out.

I am using internet explorer 7 on 32 bit Win Vista service pack 1. Thanks!

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 8:53 AM

Hi XBic,

Thanks for the report.  We'll look into this issue.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 10:52 PM

Vaguely similar problem here.

My first round at St. andrews was full of Flash crashes - I hadn't cleared my cache(s) yet. I did this and it seemed ok then. I haven't had any "oh snaps!" since that with Google Chrome. Note I was set to "unavailable" - before the update (which is now "hidden") If I remember correctly, I changed my status to avaliable before teeing off a second time. maybe there was a strange issue with this naming change there? I may be mis-remembering, but I think it might have said "unavaliable" instead of Hidden when i logged on this evening.

and then...

Playing a multiplayer stroke play game. BPB back. on 17 I decided to change my status to "busy". The game then crashed - but it wasn't instantaneous.  It was after my opponent hit his tee shot and the ball landed. I think I changed my status while he was at the tee. I did not get an error message at all - the screen just sort of blinked - and then I was at the resume game screen. strange.

and then...

Just now, with the wgt forum page up, I changed my status to "Hidden" - which logged me out! I suddenly was just at the home page, not logged in, and the client pop-up was still there - no error, but I was logged out there too.

It was like I hid from myself.. ha ha

P.S can I get a status option that says  "tired of all this freaking snow!!!" 

• geordieles
    516 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 12:50 AM
    Same problem here during a multi round changed my status to busy it logged me out of wgt and froze game for everyone.
  • oppy
    286 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 3:49 AM

same problem here

• DougBieker
    333 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 3:49 AM
    Same problem occurred to me a couple of times yesterday even at the start up of a game
  • WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2010 8:51 AM

Hey guys,

If you're still experiencing this problem please try to clear your browser cookies, then clear your browser cache, close the browser and re-open it.  You may even need to log yourself out of the site first before performing those steps.  I've hit this issue a few times myself and clearing out in that order works for me every time.

Read HERE for instructions how to clear your cookies.

RSS