Help › Forums

Re: Problem on BPB #11

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 12 2012 3:58 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2012 10:39 PM

Come up short of the pin and ball rolled back onto fringe. Putter defaults to YARDS not FEET. Has anyone else encountered this?

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2012 10:45 PM

I have seen it before, not just this hole either.........I thought it was only when the ball was on fairway though.

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2012 10:49 PM

Is it a course bug, hole bug or putter bug?

Suppose i should have sent a bug report in but alas i forgot.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2012 11:37 PM

Hi

I believe you are on a fridge, so it changed to yards.

-wgticon

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2012 11:45 PM

WGTicon:

Hi

-wgticon

Whenever i choose the putter on a fringe elsewhere i get feet. On BPB #10 i also hit the fringe and it showed feet.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 2:19 AM

Of course the broader issue is that on the fringe the caddy defaults to a putter that is much more powerful than would ordinarily be used for the distance. Whether it is 100 yards or 100 feet - neither of which would be a smart choice here - players always have to double-check the meter distance before putting.

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 2:28 AM

zagraniczniak:

Of course the broader issue is that on the fringe the caddy defaults to a putter that is much more powerful than would ordinarily be used for the distance. Whether it is 100 yards or 100 feet - neither of which would be a smart choice here - players always have to double-check the meter distance before putting.

I have no issue with the default club, i always check the club given by the caddy. This is just something i have never seen before and wondered if it was a bug.

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 2:33 AM

hpurey:

I have seen it before, not just this hole either.........I thought it was only when the ball was on fairway though.

Interesting you should say that. Is the front of a green determined to be fairway or  fringe? Although it did say fringe, am i on the border of the fairway/fringe mapping area??

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 2:39 AM

(accentuation added)

WGTicon:

Hi

-wgticon

Cool hole, where is the "bring iced beer" button? :)

IMO, the ball must be on "fairway", look at the ball picture. The ball is nested in the turf (fairway) while on green and fringe it looks like hovering over the surface.

On a fairway, the distance defaults to yards and remains so even if the putter is used.

Edit: FWIW, there is no fringe at that spot. It's fairway => green only.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 2:50 AM

alosso:

MO, the ball must be on "fairway", look at the ball picture. The ball is nested in the turf (fairway) while on green and fringe it looks like hovering over the surface.

On a fairway, the distance defaults to yards and remains so even if the putter is used.

Edit: FWIW, there is no fringe at that spot. It's fairway => green only.

So maybe the player switched to the putter before getting the reading of 100 yards?

(On the other hand, there are often slight discrepancies between the lie in the picture and the lie that the game tells us the ball is in. So far as I know, the stated lie always prevails over the apparent lie.)

• PAGES
RSS