Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tournament Leaderboards

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 11 2009 8:07 PM (1 replies)
  • Spike_Marx
    5 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2009 6:53 PM

I have a suggestion regarding tournament scores and the leader board…

When scores are posted on the leader board it appears that, in the case of ties, the score that is listed first is the most recently posted score (I'm not 100% sure... it might be some other method).

On the professional tours, after each round the leader board is sorted based on which Player finished their round first. If Players are tied in the same group then the Player who teed off the round first would be higher on the leader board than his playing partner who teed off second.

I was fortunate enough to post the first 32 scored in the February WGT International Open, and was listed as “Leader” for some time. I was surprised to see that later players shooting the same score became the “Leader”, with the “Rank 1”, and with the tying scores at “Rank 2”.

An option would be to show all of the leaders at Rank 1 and shown as Co-Leaders in the icons at the top of the board.

Just a thought…

Thanks!   

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2009 8:07 PM

First of all, nice 32.  A good score in any tournament, well done. :)

They have a tie-breaking system they use and it's immediately applied to the leaderboard as soon as folks finish.    Usually it's on the Tournament Rules page but, since this is the first International Open and it's a free tourney with no prizes, I guess it was left out by mistake.

This is what's supposed to be there:

In the event of a tie, the better scoring entrant between or among the tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final six (6) holes of the applicable Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final three (3) holes for such Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest score for the 9th hole in such Game, and any remaining ties will be determined by identifying the lowest scoring entrant for each individual game hole, in sequence from 8th through to 1st, as is necessary to determine a winner.

They use this method for all tournaments, both paid and free.

RSS