Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tiger......Honda Classic

Wed, Mar 7 2012 2:31 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BmaEngnr92
    46 Posts
    Mon, Mar 5 2012 12:57 PM

Well, the bottom line is golf is still better when Tiger is in contention. It would be impossible for any golf fan to say they would not watch if Tiger had a chance for a win. You may be pulling for him to fail, or you may be pulling for him to win, but either way, you're watching.

As for him "coming back", he may never win another tournament, but in my personal opinion, I think Tiger still has some wins remaining (and quite possibly, some majors). That approach shot he hit on 18 was nothing short of spectacular, and there are still many on tour who cannot make that shot. Is he the best right now? Of course not. Could he become the best again? Perhaps, but I don't see him dominating like he once did. However, I do think he can still win. He's still got a ton of talent, and that usually doesn't go unrewarded on tour.

Regardless, the tournament was great this past weekend, and it was fun watching Rory hold on to the lead while ascending to #1 in the world. He has a lot of game, and it appears there are big things in store for him. It was entertaining, however you choose to slice it.

Cheers!

• sherbrookeqc
    1 Posts
    Mon, Mar 5 2012 2:30 PM

Tiger will win again . No doubt. I predict  at least three wins this year. Don't forget, he shot a 62 on Sunday. His lowest round ever in an official PGA Tournament.

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:41 PM

I have no doubt Tiger will win, and win majors, again -- probably multiple majors. However, much of his success came from seeming superhuman -- and completely freaking out his competitors. He's not superhuman anymore. He's not perfect, or invincible. Even if he does get on another phenomenal run, he will "only" be an incredible golfer, and there are quite a few of those.

Yes, he had a great round on Sunday. But Rory didn't flinch, and he won. A few years ago it probably would have been a different story.

• docholl
    56 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2012 2:31 AM

Not as good as his ex with a 9-Iron

• PAGES
RSS