Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 62 on beth page

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 12 2010 5:14 AM (6 replies)
  • haji97071
    192 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 10:23 PM

amazing, shot 62 in the "back to black" stroke play tourney, i'm in 76th place and 9 shots back of the leader.

this does not lend credence to the players who call this "real golf".  

when was the last time a pro shot 53 in a tournament on beth page.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 10:33 PM

Its because its from the white tees.  That will lower scores by a few strokes.

If real pros could play the course from the whites and play it over and over again as many times as they wanted to in a week, perhaps one would shoot a 53 ;)

Got to put things in perspective.  Do you think you could shoot a 65 in real life?

• haji97071
    192 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 11:06 PM

oak, i think you've been toking too much, there is no way any professional, no matter how many times they have played a course, even from the womens tees that could shoot a 53 on beth page.

i've been playing golf all my life, i'm in my 60th year of playing "real" golf, played on a weekly basis with professionals, the best score i have ever seen posted was a 63 on a course that was the publinks national course, called eastmoreland in portland, oregon.  the player was the pro there and played the course on a daily basis.  believe me, eastmoreland is no beth page.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 11:07 PM

haji97071:
    amazing, shot 62 in the "back to black" stroke play tourney, i'm in 76th place and 9 shots back of the leader.

The nice thing is this; you can reload and attempt to improve your position just like all of the people in 76th place will do. Or you can rest upon the very nice 62 that you posted and issue complaints as to why you are not enjoying that fine round here on the Forum.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 11:41 PM

My point was the parameters of the tourny are a bit more favorable to lower scores.  In real golf pros don't tee off from close tees and aren't able to play the same course over 10 to 20 times in a day, restarting their round at any point if they're not happy with their progress thus far. 

This is the most realistic online golf sim out there.  Its not the same as real golf, its a freakin video game.  If you "pure" a golf shot in real life it doesn't go to the exact same spot every time.  If you "pure" a shot in a video game under the same conditions it does.  The best players here have played hundreds, some thousands, of rounds on the same 2 courses over and over, giving them more empirical knowledge of these 2 virtual courses than any real life pro golfer has of any course.

Its just not an apples to apples comparison and I see the point your making as trivial.

• melcom6
    11 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 4:30 AM

i just plain think that you guys should remember this isnt a real game so stop comparing it to one and its normal out of maybe ten thousend people playing on this site that there will be someone playing 53 or even in the 50s!!Just calm down and practise more and you will get there , i mean thats what make this game good because you never can be perfect!!

• g433a
    28 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 5:14 AM

haji97071:

this does not lend credence to the players who call this "real golf".  

when was the last time a pro shot 53 in a tournament on beth page.

I think what people should say about reality is that the physics of this game is more realistic than other golf games, not the scores.

Do you think in real golf you would only be 9 shots back of the best players in the world round BP?

RSS