Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The game changes in tournaments vs. Individual Play

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 9 2010 1:06 PM (7 replies)
  • NYBallerMan
    52 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 8:26 PM

I've noticed that the entire game changes during tournaments versus individual play. The swing meter becomes more erratic, the wind has more effect on shots and the aiming capability is virtually nonexistent, you put spin on the ball and it doesn't back up; conversely, it just keeps rolling along. I don't know if others are having these problems as I see folks are shooting 29s and 30s. Is there something I'm not doing?

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 8:56 PM

Sorry if this is hard to hear, but it's the same. If you had the same wind and green speed it will play identical. There are little changes in direction of wind, green speeds and the like, but tourneys sometimes actually have an easier setup in that regard.

Quite honestly and please don't take the wrong way, you're too erratic with scores to have a good judgment of how the conditions affect shots. When your scores reach pro and then especially master tier you will have a better handle on how and why things happen.

• NYBallerMan
    52 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 10:14 PM

Thank you for your response. I'm very new to the game and I discover new elements every day I play. The reason why my scores are erratic are the things I mentioned in my previous post. I am acutely aware of the conditions and how they may affect shots and the like. Just as in a real round things change constantly. But I have noticed acute changes in the behavior of this computer generated environment that make me question the base structure and the mathematics of the game. I will continue to plod along until I have reached the point where the quirks don't make a difference. Again, thank you for your response; it is helpful.

• NYBallerMan
    52 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 11:08 PM

After examining your stats it is very clear that you have been playing this game often and participated across the board in all phases of the game. I hope that in time I will be able to display the mastery you have achieved. Again, thank you for your response and I shall continue to play and hopefully become proficient.

• Griz0613
    80 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 11:19 PM

Alot of us have been here quite a while. Just takes time to understand how certain things will affect a shot. Id be more than happy to play a round with ya sometime and show you a few things as I'm sure others would as well.

Take care and hit em well,

Chris

• NYBallerMan
    52 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 11:26 PM

Thank you Chris. I would appreciate playing a round with you. I warn you, I'm not consistent in my play. Some rounds are okay and others are horrible.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2010 4:32 AM

There's a steep learning curve, during which you'll have hundreds of WTF?!?! moments.

But, with time, experience, and ideally better timing (for the swing meter), you'll get adjusted and the game will play more consistent (if your timing and shot selections are good) in single player mode (both tournament and non tournys).

• wiscb
    28 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2010 1:06 PM

the ready goes seem alot differant then the regular play. I totally agree.

RSS