Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Beware in the forums

Sun, Feb 7 2010 8:53 PM (6 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 1:48 PM

I started a thread titled "WGT on ESPN.com" and the thread lost it's topic, so I locked the thread. WGT unlocked the thread so the off topic chaos could continue. WGT is truly playing favoritism to certain people at WGT and the forums.

Why is a thread lock in place if I'm unable to use that option on my own thread?

I would suggest the members watch what they say and who they respond to in the forums. Warnings are going to become more frequent both now and in the future. Depending on the severity and the member reporting abuse, the action taken by WGT may very well be one sided

The things that are happening in these forums are unconscionable and for WGT to sit idly by is an outrage. It seems favoritism is at play.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 2:03 PM

Richard,  Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, you can only lock replies to your post, not lock the whole thread.  If there are other posts on the thread (and there were many on the ESPN thread) members can click the reply on any of the other posts.  I don't think WGT unlocked it, I think you only locked out replies to your post.

I tried this on the Celebrity Avatar thread I started and confirmed the above.

Andyson

• WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 2:08 PM

Well, then ability to entirely lock the thread you own would make a nice feature. I would support it if you submited it, Richard.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 2:08 PM

That's correct Andy, but my post I made ending the thread to that point was removed altogether.

Beware who you respond to, you may get warned for disagreeing with other members. No what I mean?

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 2:35 PM

I read where they fixed the Report Abuse function.  Could be a direct result.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 2:43 PM

Richard4168:
    WGT is truly playing favoritism to certain people at WGT and the forums.
    Richard4168:
    It seems favoritism is at play.
    Richard4168:
    Beware who you respond to, you may get warned for disagreeing with other members. Know what I mean?

Ya think!!??! Wow.  Thank you Captain Obvious!  (/sarcasm.)

Sorry Richard, I don't mean to take it out on you my friend, and forgive me if it seems that I am...  I am just so fed up with WGT allowing "someone" to have the run of the place.

As I have posted elsewhere...  The inmates are not running this asylum...  but they (WGT) are letting one dictate how they do run it.

And it's sad.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 8:53 PM

No sarcasm taken Snaike. I also understand WGT reserves all rights to do what ever they wish with this forum matter.

What's being allowed to go on in these forums is atrocious, and goes against anything descent and right.

I'll reiterate, the WGT forums have become a free for all, and repercussions against certain members for forum abuse will be dealt out in a partisan manner by WGT.

GL!

RSS