Help › Forums

Re: Phantom invites!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 10 2009 5:50 PM (6 replies)
  • dmace2
    44 Posts
    Sun, Feb 8 2009 7:33 PM

WGTAlex--

In the middle of a round with another player tonight I started receiving invites from my entire friends list!  I don't think I'm that popular, or that they all would decide to invite me at exactly the same time, so I suspect a hiccup in the game.  And that was after multiple freezes and slow loading times in two other attempted matches with other players.  Something strange was going on tonight; maybe the full moon? 

• coolbluedavid
    34 Posts
    Sun, Feb 8 2009 7:58 PM

the golf god's wooow watch out

• TitleistPro
    94 Posts
    Mon, Feb 9 2009 8:45 AM

I have had the same thing happen several times.....couple with that it logs me out.

I thought that it was the logging out unexpectedly that caused the invites.  but, it could be a multiple symptom issue.

One seems to be causing the other.

Thanks for the hard work on the game it is truly fun.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Feb 9 2009 9:44 AM

Thanks for the reports. We are investigating, and will keep you posted. It may have to do with a delay in invites being delivered, which might explain why you got a flood of invites all of a sudden.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Feb 9 2009 11:00 AM

I had another case of 26 "phantom invites" during a multiplayer game with a friend a few minutes ago, but I didn't get logged out. Inicdently, they were friend invites, not game invites.

• dmace2
    44 Posts
    Mon, Feb 9 2009 2:02 PM

Alex--

I don't think delayed invites could be the answer.  Not to be self-deprecating but I doubt that nivlac or tibbets would be inviting me to play!  Not remotely in their league  :-)>

• dacsyr1
    26 Posts
    Tue, Feb 10 2009 5:50 PM

I don't think that is the storring of past invites. I have 129 friends and the same thing happens to me on occassions and it goes through the entire list. I have to turn of the volumn it gets so bad. Another issue I have been having is loosing the chat box... It becomes invisable and then on the next hole the game completely crashes.

I clean cache every few games and do a reboot every three games and it still happens.

Thank you.

RSS