Forums

Help › Forums

Re: sidehill sand shots

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 9 2009 10:42 AM (2 replies)
  • ncviz
    527 Posts
    Sun, Feb 8 2009 1:49 PM

Great game but these lies need to be fixed. Typically you may get one on #2 or #7, but it happens other places also. The only shot out of there is to take a wedge out. I really think for #2 and #7 anyway, the ball should not be able to settle on the slope and that would fix that. There's other places but for the most part it's well off the beaten path. Thanks, and keep the good stuff coming!

• TitleistPro
    94 Posts
    Mon, Feb 9 2009 9:06 AM

So if in a REAL round of golf, your ball stays on the slope of a sand bunker you shouldn't HAVE to play it?

Not trying to be rude, but, I have played many levels of competition in golf.  The ball can stop (or come to rest, or plug)  where ever it happens to.

Sometimes in golf (as in life) you have to go back ward in order then to continue on your path.

In the rule book it is called "the rub of the green"

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Feb 9 2009 10:42 AM

I see what your saying TP but, that bunker is a little weird.  The flat part of it is hard sand and the slope itself is soft sand.  I probably haven't been to enough courses but, I've never seen two different types of sand in the same trap (unless it rained).  That whole thing should be considered a waste bunker with hard sand.

I've had issue with that too because given the high density of hard sand, I don't think the ball should plug so deeply into the slope the way it does there.

Trust me, I know you gotta take your medicine sometimes and play it as it lies, but I think it may be more of a game physics issue than just a complaint about a bad lie.

RSS