Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Do Fringe Putts Count As Putts, (or not)?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 1 2010 8:43 PM (3 replies)
  • PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 1:46 PM

I find myself on the fringe alotta the time...

Sooo... have you noticed your putt totals on the scorecard and the “stats” tab are different when those fringe-putts are drained or even when they are just attempted?

If it isn't counted as a putt, cool. If it IS counted as a putt, cool, as well. (I'm not sure of the "proper" PGA scoring method, but the WGT method is still a bit mixed-up.)

Here are two sets of scorecards (two seperate 9-hole rounds) showing of what I speak. The first pic is of the "stats" section of the scorecard... the second is of the initial display of the scorecard. During each round, I putted and made a shot from the fringe. I also submitted bug reports upon viewing these scorecards. In the first round, the "12 putt award" comes into play... in the second round it doesn't.

Add-up the "ONE PUTTS" and "TWO PUTTS" in each stat section, then compare that to the reported "TOTAL PUTTS" and "PUTTS PER HOLE (AVG)". Which is correct, and which is used for our final stats/awards?

First Round @ Kiawah:

Second Round @ BPB:

I read about this "glitch" in another thread, but couldn't seem to find it, and originally posted it in another thread, but it led to confusion. Plainly said, I thought it would be on-topic, but it wasn’t, so I started this "fresh" and aptly-titled one. Perhaps it will find WGT's eyes. p>

If looking at the pics doesn’t make sense, here’s a further description...

In a nutshell, the TOTAL PUTTS shown on the scorecards differ from the shown TOTAL PUTTS on the STATS tabs of the scorecards. This "glitch" directly relates to the recording of a putt from the fringe. I reached that conclusion by looking at the differences in the reported TOTAL PUTTS while knowing that during that round I'd putted from the fringe.

The math on the STATS tab isn't really much of a challenge... ("TWO PUTTS" x 2) + ("ONE PUTTS" x 1) = "TOTAL PUTTS". The result of this equation is the number of TOTAL PUTTS reported on the scorecard, which differs from the the number of TOTAL PUTTS reported on the STATS tab.  I'm sure that any one of us who is serious enough about our games to look, has seen these figures reported on the STATS tab of our scorecards after every round. The fact that there are awards and stats tied-in with these totals makes this "glitch" just a bit more than innocuous. Hopefully, the correct number has been being used. It would definitely be a chore for someone to have to go back through everyone's numbers (probably impossible), to correct them.

Anyone else notice this recently?

Try putting from the fringe, then look at the totals described above at the end of the game.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 5:00 PM

Hi pugsace, thanks for the report. The Stats is displaying the correct number, the Scorecard is not. We will work on a fix for this in our next deploy.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 12:38 AM

Thank you Alex.

• NASAgolfer
    96 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2010 8:43 PM

The latest release (February 25, 2010) stated one of the bug fixes as:

"The score card should no longer be counting putts from the fringe"

It looks like the bug is still there.  The stats displays the correct number of putts but the scorecard does not.

RSS