Help › Forums

Re: Tin Bottom of the Cup award

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 3 2010 4:38 AM (5 replies)
  • WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 11:38 AM

Hi,

I was just awarded the Tin Bottom of the Cup (18 holes) after playing the Wk 6 Free Multiround Open. However, I made 25 putts (double checked that: 12 + 13). Since the award is defined as awarded for a 24 or less putts, this constitutes a nice bug.

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 11:44 AM

Were any of the putts from the fringe?

• WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 12:35 PM

no idea. I'm just referring to the numbers shown at the summary. I assume it's just a simple arithmetics - stroke made with a putter counts as a putt.

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 12:41 PM

Yeah, you'd think, but there have been some inconsistencies with regards to putting from the fringe, so I just thought I'd ask.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 4:39 PM

but there have been some inconsistencies with regards to putting from the fringe

I can confirm that putts from the fringe count as putts on the score card, but not in the stats.

• DonGiarni
    64 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 4:38 AM
    Another thing about this statistic is the fact you can easily 'cheat' on it... If you want to keep your putts down, use the 3wood to knock the ball in from very short distance, just inches for example. I have seen guys doing this in matchplay rounds, tried it myself a few times now and it works... in other words, I think this stat should be calculated by the number of shots on the green rather than shots made with the putter... I used to be proud of the rounds with 24 or less putts, but using this 'trick' anybody can quite easily achieve that...
RSS