Forums

Help › Forums

Re: credits

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 6 2009 9:28 AM (7 replies)
  • GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Sat, Feb 7 2009 10:27 AM

was just wondering why you have to send in a post card for free credits. would it not be easier requesting them by email ? sending from the uk i havent a clue how long it would take.

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Sat, Feb 7 2009 9:37 PM

I wasn't aware of that.  E-mail would be alot quicker.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Feb 7 2009 11:14 PM

Deer: The Gambling Act of 2005 (here in the US) says that you can't charge for a non-skill contest if there isn't some kind of free back door entry method, otherwise it's considered a lottery. The question then becomes if the government considers this game a 'skill contest' or not because, if it is, they aren't required to have a free write-in method.  Contest Law is insanely complicated so, they might just be covering their behinds.

I think using snail mail is just an easier way for the WGT to ensure they aren't giving all the credits to one person with a few hundred email addresses.  You'll have to work for your free credits a little. :D  When you really think about it, it amounts to a pack of envelopes, a pack of index cards, a book of stamps and about 10 minutes of handwriting.  You're out $10, but your're set to write in for as long as you need to build up a reserve to live on.  All in all, I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

Mailing from the U.K. and using standard Royal Mail, I'd guess it would take about 2 weeks give or take.  If you plan on writing in, you should drop them in the mail on the 1st or 2nd of each month to give them plenty of time to get there.

• DejaVu31
    104 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2009 6:38 AM

G'Day All.

I was wondering exactly what are credits? How do they work? How do I get them?

I am new here so sorry if these questions have been answered before.Finding it a little difficult to get information. Understand this is a beta version and appreciate the work by those involved.

• Jessa03
    8 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2009 8:34 AM

I am also wondering about the credits.  I have won a few from playing free tournaments but don't exactly understand what they are for and did not know you could send a postcard to get free credtis.

Where on the site is the information on how to get free credits?

Can credits at some point be 'cashed out' or are they just good for tournament entry?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2009 9:49 AM

Credits are the in-world currency at WGT. Currently they can be used to enter premium tournaments, but we also have bigger plans for them later on. You can get them here: https://www.wgt.com/user/buycredits.aspx. You can also get to this page by clicking on the ACCOUNT button next to your username in the upper left hand corner.

• tomab
    517 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 4:48 AM

You write about “sending in for free credits”.

Is there any place in the game I can get free credits? I mean except for participating in competitions?

Tom.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 9:28 AM

Currently the only way to earn them is to play in the free tournaments that have credit prizes.

"Sending in for free credits" refers to a method of entry into paid tournaments that involves handwritten mail by post.

RSS