Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Display the actual ball lie depth in actual percentage

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 6 2009 10:49 PM (1 replies)
  • Noodon
    56 Posts
    Fri, Feb 6 2009 9:46 PM

This guessing of how deep your ball is and or the depth of your lie is probably one of the things that takes your game a long way off the course and actual simulated play. You don't close your eyes and guess on the course and you should not have to do this in a game that is trying to simulate the game. If your going to have a 2 to 10 percent vaiance in each lie then you need to list the actual number for each shot lie. This guessing part of the game even though I have spent much time playing is and might be the issue driving me away from trying to play any more. I have won some stuff by luck and luck only after hours and hours and hours of trial and error and hoping I get the lucky lie with the lucky guess. Take this guessing factor out of the game. Example...Skill challenge last hole sitting 32, play the same shot the same aim with the wind you post and my ball goes 30ft past the hole and places me way out of the range of placing. There should be some stuff in this game that takes the frustration of skilled players out of the game, let time and knowledge and skill dictate the scores like actual golf and remove the computer "knows only" crap out. You will get more return players and I'm sure more participation in tournaments and hype. Seems like the players who win play for hours and hours if you talk to them, but you shouldn't have to give up your day job to run through the trials the system randomly selects to determine the outcome of your shot, and try to string together luck, not skill. Sorry about the negativity of this post but getting to the point where you can't even get a good score without playing for 8 to 10 hours a day because of the randomization of your system.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Feb 6 2009 10:49 PM

I feel your pain.  This is why I stopped playing skill challenges for more than 20-30 minutes a day.

Maybe I misunderstood your question but, if you hover your mouse over the ball icon it will show you the percentage that the ball is buried in the current lie.  Not that it will help all that much but, it is there.

RSS