Forums

Help › Forums

Re: masters in the pro tier

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 28 2010 12:16 PM (7 replies)
  • rockinroland
    214 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 1:55 AM

I just dont get it.  all the leaders in the multi-round weekly are masters and all have master gear. your suppose to be a master to buy the gear in the first place. so they didnt turn master while in the tournament.  how does this make it fair? no way can a pro compete. all their averages are well below the master minimum of 65.99. why the heck have tiers. such b.s but does wgt do anything about this NO. what a rip off  as a matter of fact there is one pro in the top 62 and with ties pros are at 104th place. now I may be wrong and tiers dont matter if thats the case then screw it I wont waste my time 

• Rhett78
    65 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 2:40 AM

rockinroland:

I just dont get it.  all the leaders in the multi-round weekly are masters and all have master gear. your suppose to be a master to buy the gear in the first place. so they didnt turn master while in the tournament.  how does this make it fair? no way can a pro compete. all their averages are well below the master minimum of 65.99. why the heck have tiers. such b.s but does wgt do anything about this NO. what a rip off  as a matter of fact there is one pro in the top 62 and with ties pros are at 104th place. now I may be wrong and tiers dont matter if thats the case then screw it I wont waste my time 

There are no masters in the pro tier. All other weekly tournaments, you compete against people in your own tier. However, in the weekly multi-round tournaments, you compete against everyone. You do play from your designated tee box though, making it fair. Master tee off from the longest tee box, pros from there tee box and so on. Pros can very well compete. With good pro equipment from the shorter pro tee box, there are some pros I know on this site that can put up numbers like the masters. 65.99 is not a designated set average for when you turn master either. I turned master in the 66's. These masters you see leading the board are top notch players that have put a lot of time and effort into being the quality of player they are. This is a fair tournament and remember it is free. My suggestion if you can't compete, go practice. 

• g433a
    28 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2010 10:08 AM

It is possible to see Masters in Pro tier comps though as it happened to me.

I played the first round of a comp as a Pro, then made master a little while after. Obviously I can then buy Master rated equipment but had to finish the comp in the Pro tier.

I just wanted to make it clear that when playing in the aforementioned comp I had to change my kit back to Pro kit for those particular rounds. That's why it looks like people are playing with Master kit in Pro comps. Once the round in the Pro comp is completed they change their clubs back the Master ones.

I hope that makes sense.

• golferfrank63
    187 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 5:56 PM

i agree with you and  people with a 55 average is unbelieve to me. that why im leaving wgt but glad to meant to the people so sorry friends

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 2:13 AM

One of the larger problems is that there are way too many pros and amateurs in the Master tier who wanted to be Masters, got their wish and now wish for the comfort of reality that is gone forever.

• xSTILLFLY
    66 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 5:58 AM

SweetiePie:

One of the larger problems is that there are way too many pros and amateurs in the Master tier who wanted to be Masters, got their wish and now wish for the comfort of reality that is gone forever.

BRING IT~!

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 6:25 AM

golferfrank, show me a single online game where there are not an elite few?  It would be stupid to quit a game you like because you are not the best.

• RampantFrenzy
    106 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 12:16 PM

neildiamond11790:

golferfrank, show me a single online game where there are not an elite few?  It would be stupid to quit a game you like because you are not the best.

I think he quit because it wasnt FUN anymore.. if in fact he did quit..

RSS