Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Pebble Beach or Olympic club and Royal Lytham?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 10 2012 9:50 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2012 7:47 AM

Would anybody here like to have Pebble Beach instead of Olympic Club and Royal Lytham? I think I would rather have just 1 course this year if we could have Pebble instead of the others and yes I know this will not happen. Just wondering....

HAWK

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2012 9:05 AM

No, we need more courses. 2 beats one of anything.

• cricketrules
    1,050 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2012 9:12 AM

The original point is actually an interesting one. 

WGT haven't actually announced that the British Open course is coming this year (I know they didn't say it until late last year, but who knows). I for one would be willing to wait until, say, October - giving WGT the six months and more it takes to manufacture the course - and get Pebble Beach at that time instead of Lytham and St. Annes around June time. It won't happen, but just a thought.

However, that would probably rely on the production of the Olympic Club following through and the course being released regular time, because for me, Pebble Beach won't be as good as the two Open courses.

Jack.

• peoch
    1,127 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2012 9:40 AM

why cant we get some NEW courses? they caled it WORLD GOLF TOUR, some from ASIA and SWEDEN we have fantastic courses here.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2012 10:19 AM

Not that there shouldn't be more European courses, but isn't Scotland and England part of Europe?

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2012 11:38 AM

cricketrules:

The original point is actually an interesting one. 

WGT haven't actually announced that the British Open course is coming this year (I know they didn't say it until late last year, but who knows). I for one would be willing to wait until, say, October - giving WGT the six months and more it takes to manufacture the course - and get Pebble Beach at that time instead of Lytham and St. Annes around June time. It won't happen, but just a thought.

However, that would probably rely on the production of the Olympic Club following through and the course being released regular time, because for me, Pebble Beach won't be as good as the two Open courses.

Jack.

They usually don't announce the British Open until mid April. I'm not saying for sure that we are going to get it this year but they have never announced it before mid April before.

As for Pebble  Beach it is a stunningly beautiful course especially with WGT's High definition photos but really it has been done to death. Almost every Golf game around has had a version of Pebble Beach. And we will get it sooner or later. 

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2012 12:24 PM

And you can play it here using starter balls and ezswing clubs.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 2:05 PM

piztaker:

No, we need more courses. 2 beats one of anything.

hpurey likes this

• Westview
    31 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 3:07 PM

I would like to see Augusta or Pebble Beach

If I had to choose between the two...it's pretty much even. I would have to flip a coin.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 3:29 PM

staying with the partnership WGT has made with the USGA we may likely see Pebble in 2019. 

2012 112th The Olympic Club, Lake Course San Francisco California
    2013 113th Merion Golf Club, East Course Ardmore Pennsylvania
    2014 114th Pinehurst Resort, Course #2[7] Pinehurst North Carolina
    2015 115th Chambers Bay University Place Washington
    2016 116th Oakmont Country Club Oakmont Pennsylvania
    2017 117th Erin Hills Erin Wisconsin
    2018 118th Shinnecock Hills Golf Club Shinnecock Hills New York
    2019 119th Pebble Beach Golf Links Pebble Beach California
  • PAGES
RSS