Forums

Help › Forums

Re: putters

Fri, Jan 22 2010 10:38 AM (2 replies)
  • woodspur
    123 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 9:25 AM

Can anyone give me any feedback on putters, specifically, the Redwood or Spider. I would also welcome any comments on any other putters and balls you've found helpful. Thanks to everyone for your help, the replies on wedges was great.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 9:46 AM

The Redwood is slightly more accurate than the Spider, but less forgiving on mishits.  It also has a faster meter speed than the Spider.  Successful putting is partly about having a good feel on the greens with the tempo of whatever putter you use, so if you like the feel of a slower meter with your other clubs, then go with the Spider.  If you like the faster speed, then go with the Redwood.  The variety of balls can slow the meter down even more, so it's largely about testing different combinations to find what suits your game. 

Both putters are big upgrades from the basic putter, and will help in the long run.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 10:38 AM

woodspur:

Can anyone give me any feedback on putters, specifically, the Redwood or Spider. I would also welcome any comments on any other putters and balls you've found helpful. Thanks to everyone for your help, the replies on wedges was great.

I tried the Spider for about 2 weeks and never liked it enough to continue. I bought the Redwood and struggled with it for about a week until I began to feel confident with it and I think it is terrific. So my vote is Redwood.

RSS