Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Thank you Massachusetts Voters

Fri, Jan 22 2010 4:28 PM (40 replies)
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 4:28 PM

Snaike:

And ... along these lines (OP)... comes the news the AirAmerica has shut down...

donsprintr:
    First to address Snaike ... the real reason we have two political parties started long ago in the history of our republic (yes this is a republic, not a democracy like modern day people are taught to believe)

Donsprintr...  A "Representative Republic" if you want to be factual.

Thank you for the history lesson, and as I can agree with your earlier message in this thread,  ("...it just evolved this way.")  my response was directed at the question that was posed to us, "Why do you have two parties?" (paraphrase) not  "where does the two party system come from?"

Heya snaike ... agreed ... representative republic ... that was just an aside ...

My response to the OP was in terms of "how do you have" as addressing the question why ...

Sorry if i misunderstood, but it seemed to me that your response implied that money WAS and is the deciding factor in how you can have a political party in our country ... sad state of affairs that it is now that way ... without the capital, you cannot deliver your agenda to potential voters ... no disagreement on my part ...

As to the consideration of "men" being white, european, religious, landowners ... i am not aware of any corespondence between our founding fathers on the defintion of who is considered a "man" or who is not , though some may exist ... i think that is an implied consideration based on the social conditions that existed at the time ... feel free to correct me if i am wrong on that account ....

Air america ... i don't consider Al Franken's open mockery of Mother Theresa in an address to the students of one of our most prestigious Ivy League universities (unnamed as they may well be ashamed of his actions) to be "compelling discussion" ... i know, i know ... air america is not responsible for all of Al Franken's antics, but they've given a forum to a person who obviously exihibits a lack of "good will" to fellow human beings and i feel the same about air america as i feel about Rush Limbaugh ...

In a word .... buhbye ...

All this is meant respectfully of course ... veritas ...

don

RSS